Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nearly Busted because of the Egg

ArvadaMan
ArvadaMan Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was in the process of smoking some salmon tonight for a brunch at work tomorrow. Being winter, the sun set at 4:30 this evening and I had been walking back and forth to the egg in the back yard through the bushes beside my house. Our back stairs are very trecherous in the winter amd I did not want to wipe out on them. The egg had frozen shut and it took quite awhile to get it unthawed. I later finished smoking the salmon and came inside.

About the time dinner was over, we received a visitor to the house. The neighbors called the police telling them some strange guy had been hiding in our bushes. My wife had to explain how her insane husband had been smoking salmon, at 30 degrees no less, in the back yard and was walking in and out of the bushes on the way to the smoker. I had been wearing a stocking cap and my headlamp so I could see what I was doing and read my Thermapen.

I had to bribe her with the tail end of the salmon (about 1/4 of the salmon) so they did not take me away!

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    :laugh: :laugh: ...we are all insane when it comes to cooking on the egg........with me it is the rain that affects my cooking but never stops it.... :)
  • Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    I got up at 3 am to cook two 10 pound turkeys (one on my small and one on my large). Fortunately I didd't have ice problems even though it was freezing temperatures outside. Both of my neigbors know how fanatical I am with my eggs already :laugh: They would suspect something if they didn't see smoke :woohoo: :woohoo:
    ~Pharmeggist
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Glad they didn't shoot first! But it is easy to understand that if you were a burglar, you'd be stealing Egg'ed food. Glad it all worked out for the best.