Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Experience

Options
Bubblehead
Bubblehead Posts: 16
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Things went fairly well for my first time, did the pork loins the way Nature Boy suggested. They came out wonderfully with only one spot overcharred due to a hot spot in the fire. I, in my haste, put the food on too quickly before the fire was stablized, but it was up to temperture so quickly I couldn't wait. Also they stuck to the grill when turning but I think letting it wait a little longer and a spray of Pam will cure that. The Loins where great and what little left over is my lunch today. I was really impressed with out fast it got ready and how easy it was to control the temperture. I'm looking forward to many happy times ahead![p]Awhoogahh!

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Bubblehead,[p]You have a new cooking buddy now. Welcome and glad it turned out so well for you. One thing you will find, it only gets better each time. Enjoy - let the forum know if you have questions.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Bubblehead,
    Congrats on your success! Unless all the coals are burning, there will be hot spots when cooking direct. If your grate is hot, and you wait a bit before flipping, you should not get much sticking. Not sure what happened there.[p]Well, the ice is broken and the sky is the limit.[p]Have fun
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Bubblehead,[p]Congratulations on teh first time success, time to start planning the next cook. The biggest thing that I had to learn about the egg was how to regulate the temperature. You will learn it in time and be able to pinpoint it at 227, 306, you name it, the BGE is very forgiving and knows how to hold a temperature, you just need to tell it what you want. There are several ways of setting the temps, I control mine 100% with the bottom vent. Others use the top and bottom, some use the top. Techniques vary alot but all produce superior results.[p]Good luck with the next cook and holler to the group if you need any help at all.[p]Troy
  • JimW
    JimW Posts: 450
    Options
    Bubblehead,
    This might be overkill but each time before I cook on the Egg, I wash the grill and spray it with Pam. This keeps the grill from getting really grungy and the food doesn't stick to it.
    JimW

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Bubblehead,[p]Great, and Egging (cooking on the Egg) get easier, more fun and better each time![p]Smokey

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Bubblehead,[p]Not bad for for a submariner. [p]Elder Ward

• Bubblehead
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    Our smoke rings are deeper! (Sorry couldn't resist)%<)[p]Awhoogahh!