Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cherry-Smoke Chicken Results

Options
Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
In review I smoked 4 leg quarters(with about a half a stick of butter under the skin of all, kosher salt, black pepper, onion and garlic powder, and montreal chicken seasoning with my newly purchased charwood and 3 nicley sized cherry chunks).
The burn went for 3 hrs 15 min. I mopped them with STUBBS Brand Baste after the 1st 2 hrs. I let them sit for about 15 minutes when i took them off.
man were they tasty. Juices squirted in all directions when i put the knife to it.
The only thing i need to change is to try the wood and chunks on the Egg(i used my Brinkman h2o smoker)...that way I would have temp control. Ohhhh the Egg...how i miss you.

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, When ya can cook like that, how can the "Egg" help ya? Sounds great! Keep em both if you get the BGE.
    C~W[p]

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Char-Woody,
    The Egg gives me the power to set percise temp control. Alli can say is that i smoked that chicken between 200 -220....my temp gauge needle was on "Ideal" through the whole smoke.

• Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Options
    Smokin' Todd,[p]Buy a thermometer for your grill like the BGE dome thermometer. Or, use the polder in a piece of wood, cork or other thing and use that to monitor the temp.

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Teslamania, By golly thats a pretty good idea. I think Cat also suggested the potato on the grill to monitor grill temperatures. The only problem with using the polder probe in the dome would be temperatures exceeding 380 degrees F ruining the sensor. I might try that for grins next cook.
    Thanks..C~W[p]