Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I just could not wait....

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was going to wait until this weekend to inaugurate my excitingly new purchase of lump and wood CHUNKS from People's Wood COrnfed's Egg...BUT. I just had to break out my Brinkman h2o smoker.
Work is slow right now...just about to hit the busy season in a few weeks...so around 3:30, with so much time to think all day, i decided that I wanted to try this stuff out. I kept on hearing "If u light it, u will eat like a king". I decided i needed something quick...So after work I picked up 4 leg quarters...put squares of butter under the skin, kosher salt, black pepper, inion powder, garlic powder, and montreal chicken seasoning on top(as i was out getting the chicken and beer i lit the coals so they can welcome me burning as I returned). Got 3 beautifully sized soaked cherry CHUNKS on those burning maple coals...bellowing smoke. Cant wait to eat tonight!
ST
PS I didnt know cherry smoke smells so nice!

Comments

• Smokin' Todd,
    Cherry wood is almost intoxicating it smells so sweet. By the way what is the address of the store you mention. Sounds like a great source.My main source of exotic woods are from a small Grocerystore in Indianapolis that carries Fairlane Woods products out of Missouri, and lump charcoal from either Wiald Oats Healthfood store chain or True Value Hardware.

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    alter,
    Whats the name of the store? I've never tried cherry. We go to Indianapolis once in a shile to visit relatives. Actually maybe I could ask Mateen and the guys to pick up some while they are down there playing. GO GREEN (MSU) [p]MAC

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    alter,
    goto www.peopleswoods.com.
    There u can print out the order form, then call them to place your order.
    ST

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Smokin' Todd, just type it in the "optional link URL" box below and add a title.

[ul][li]Woods for Smokin' Todd[/ul]
  • Smokin' Todd,
    thanks for the link..I have been useing Charwood..It is amazing stuff..a bit expensive but much nicer than the brand I normally get that is obviously scrap wood chunks from lumber yards.

• MAC,
    It is called Atlas Supermarket. David Letterman was a stock boy there. It's a Jewish one of a kind store that is really all about a local old fashioned grocery store. Syd the owner is a trip, a real good guy (Letterman has had him on the show I think).
    Its off 56 and College avenue. Last week I went and all they had was Oak Mesquite and Hickory, I didnt ask what was the problem..maybe the supplier has not stocked them up yet.
    Do however give it a tr, They have 5 pound bags that are either chunks or chips for about 6 bucks. The Pecan, Cherry, Apple and Sasafrass are OUT OF THIS WORLD![p] Good luch and happy safe smokin/grilling/roasting
    your old pal alt