Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another Fine Day For Tanning

Earl
Earl Posts: 468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
ice-fishing2.JPG
<p /> Well Joel, i mentioned we were going ice fishing last weekend & here are two pics for you. It was around -30F out on the lake & unfortunatly fishing was slow. So when we got hungry & most of the beer froze to slush went to shore & warmed up.[p]Earl

Comments

• Earl
    ice-fishing.JPG
    <p />Earl,
    Cooked up a hugh batch of wings the night before & through in loads of deer sausages to warm us up.[p]Great day.[p]Earl

• Earl,
    Those pictures musta been taken somwhere up in north Texas because me and mine were all sit'n on the back porch in shorts drinking rum concoctions while waiting for the Egg to heat up to steak temperature down here in south Texas. I wouldn't even know how to talk in that kind of weather.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Earl
    Spring Chicken,[p]Sorry to hear what happened down your way yesterday.
    I am up in Toronto Canada.[p]Earl

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Earl,
    I'm kinda in Spring Chicken's camp. I hate to show my ignorance but y'all really go out in those conditions and really drive on the frozen lakes and stuff? Really?!?
    Guess we're a bunch of sissies down here...gets even close to freezing and we hibernate!

• Earl,
    Where is the water? Allright I was joking. A friend of mine has a cabin in Minn. and has been threating to take me up there.
    Do they haul little cabins out on the lake and then fish.
    Sounds like a great time to me, except about the frozen beer part.[p]CWM

• Earl
    jim-fishing.JPG
    <p />Shelby,
    Yes, we do drive out on the lake when it's save & i must say that you don't know how much fun it can be. Your with family & friends, we stay out all day & most times fishing is great.[p]Earl

• Earl
    perch.JPG
    <p />Earl,
    Not always big fish, but good eating every time.[p]Earl

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Earl, thought you were supposed to dive in and throw the fish onto the back of your pickup. At least that's the way they show it in the ad down here. (btw - 63 degrees F today and the ground hog did not see his shadow. Spring is right around the corner!!!)

• Earl,
    Great pics, and looks like loads of fun!
    -Joel

• Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Earl,
    I'm guessing here...you don't need an ice chest to put the fish when you catch them, right?

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Earl,[p]Beer "cozies" must be a must on those trips! I can go as low as 20ish for tailgating at the Meadowlands before I start to complain. Then again, it wasn't really that cold this season. Also, I went and spent $100 on ridiculous thermal underwear at Eastern Mountain Sports plus another $30 on these "windproof" gloves plus another $15 on these silly thick socks. I'm sure I way overpaid, but man was I warm those last two games! With those on, I simply wore a single sweatshirt and I was toasty warm at 30* F.[p]Now, -30* F is probably a little too cold for my wimpy self...[p]Heee,
    Cornfed