Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Texas Eggfest 2009

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just heard through the GrillMeister Vine that the Texas Eggfest date is set for Saturday April 25th. It will probably be at the Oasis again like last year http://www.oasis-austin.com/

Great location and fantastic view.

I'm sure Ed will be coming up with some great suggestions for our host: BBQ Outfitters, a dealer committed to the Egg.

I'm already getting Eggcited.

Spring "Plenty Of Time To Start Packing" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    Thanks Leroy. I've been wondering when that was set to happen. I asked Susie last year if she wanted to drive up for the day. Maybe we can make it for a day this year and meet lots of you in person.
  • Lake Conroe Egger
    Options
    Haven't been to one yet. How do they work? Does everyone take an egg and cook up something or what?
  • birddog14
    Options
    I might try to make it. I live in DFW and cannot believe that with the size of DFW that there is not an event up here. The closest two are Austin and OKC.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Big Cities don't always translate to big interest.

The Florida Eggfest is every bit as big as Eggs by the Bay. Ocala is nowhere near as big as California Bay Area.

They are both GREAT Eggfests.

Now nobody is stopping YOU from trying to establish one in DFW..
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    Whoaa.....TJV and I discussed it some time ago and we're both too chicken. Besides I don't think it can handle an OKCfest, an Austin-based fest, and a DFW-fest. That's a lot of fest for pretty much a shared crowd. Every now and then I think about it and fortunately the spirits say nooooooooooooooo. And I don't mean Jim Beam.

mShark
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Molly Chicken HAHAHAHA

I didn't say you could run one. I said birddog could run one :woohoo:
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    On the calendar and thanks for the update! I've been watching the currently offline website for a date, cuz I (and my kids) won't miss it! April should be considerably cooler than this year's - WHEW, hot!
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    No need to travel with egg - the dealer involved here supplies all the needed eggs, you just need to bring your "fixins" for eats of your choice. At the end of the day, the dealer offers nice deals on the "demo" eggs. LOTS of fun...I made the mistake of not cooking for my first one her in Austin this year...come on up, and step out and cook. You will meet lots of great people, eat killer food, drink if you like, and in this case, see some of the most spectacular views in the state of Texas!! How can that NOT be worth the drive from Conroe?

Lake Conroe Egger wrote:
    Haven't been to one yet. How do they work? Does everyone take an egg and cook up something or what?
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    And I'd be unhappy if the Austin Fest was moved to DFW. Austin is closer for me if I should be able to get it on the schedule.
  • Popsicle
    Popsicle Posts: 523
    Options
    Watching the sunset in the Texas hill country or an Eggfest. Either is worth doing but when you can combine them, well it just doesn’t get any better. See you in April.
    The Popsicles
    Willis Tx.