Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Speaking of woods....

Smokin' Todd
Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today I recieved my 35 lbs of charwood charcoal(maple) and my 20 lbs of pecan chunks and 20 lbs of cherry chunks....and what can I say...i am ESTATIC!
First of all it is nearly impossible to find charwood charcoal of any kind around here. I can easily get hickory or mesquite "chunks" at my local Lowe's, but they are nothing like what I recieved from People's Wood in Rhode Island....
These chunks are HUGE!,,,and cheaper..even with the shipping costs.
I have so much wood and coal...i cant think of what I will try these products with first. I am still on that tilt o whirl on the south beach drag on the jersey shore....and i dont think i am ever gonna get off.
ST

Comments

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    Smokin' Todd, say no more . I know how you feel . On Sunday I picked up 25-30 lbs of sugar maple and about 15 lbs of cherry and found a lumber yard right near my house that makes lump charcoal,.....CHEAP.....!!!I am almost ready to start!!!!

• Smokin' Todd
    Dave,
    You did better then me...you pay not a penny for shipping.
    It is a great feeling to have all this fuel...just calling in the night, begging to be lit, turning something into majic.
    ST

• BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Dave,
    Isn't today D-Day (Drill Day) for your old-style Egg? Let us know how your temperature gauge installation goes.

• Dave
    Dave Posts: 163
    BBQfan1,major set back ! My dealer was not stocked at all ! Needless to say I am very disappointed ! I am waiting now for the parts to come in the mail . He lost my business for that gaff ! Imagine , a dealer of the all mighty egg , with NO thermometers OR daisy wheels .

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Dave,[p]Don't feel bad. My dealer didn't even know what a plate setter was. Had to explain before he ordered. We have to educate the dealers. It is such a specialized product. It won't be long we will take over the world. "To resist is futile you will be assimilated" The Borg[p]MAC

• Smokin' Todd
    MACDaddy,
    I agree...we will take over the world of Qin'. No other cooker has the qualities of the Egg...high temp...smoke...lifetime garuntee...the list goes on.
    Hmmm...come to think of it..maybe that could be my second job...sell Eggs. Rather then not having the answer I can always turn to this forum...sell much more Eggs...and get more of the world involed...TAKE OVER!
    ST

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Smokin' Todd,
    If anyone could sell 'em you could. Beer, Q and Rock N roll. Thats real EGGsiting.[p]MAC

• Smokin' Todd
    MAC,
    why....yes, I Q the best way I can...any other comments?
    ST