Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Salmon and Green Beans

Options
Auburnegger
Auburnegger Posts: 127
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I still struggled with regulating the temperature but this was only my second cook. Just can't figure it out yet!! It will come. That being said, I got great reviews on the salmon. It was on the egg at 450 give or take 50 degrees. The green beans were topped with Feta and put on the egg at around 450 for 12 minutes.
Salmon002.jpg
Salmon001.jpg
Salmon003.jpg

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    What's on the menu next week Ummm elephant and green beans???

By the way I have a plastic cup like yours with the 2004 SEC champs on it too :woohoo:

~Pharmeggist
    P.S. Any Tide Egger fans out there I would hang with you any time.... I am in the minority living an hour from Tuscoloosa. The elephant joke was a little over the top I know :blush:
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Looks like an excellant job to me. Temp control will come with experance and being exact is reall over rated any way IMO. Did you plank them or what? Eather way good job! ;)
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Great looking cook, salmon looks perfect. This Auburn fan has been Eggin' for about a yr and have yet to do vegies. Did some Tilapia on a plank one time that turned out really good.BTW I've heard that elephant on the egg tastes like chicken. :laugh:
    When I first got my egg I had trbl keeping temps steady...the problem was me, adjusting toooo much.
    Have a good one and WAR EAGLE.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Bama Chad
    Options
    Sounds like your are chasing temps a bit too much...

For cooks between @350-425, let the egg heat up & get good & hot/warm (outside of the egg should very warm or hot to the touch), & it will eventually stabilze at one temp. With the bottom vent wide open & the top vent closed (but the holes open)...the egg should stablize around 375-400. From there adjust in small increments until you get the desired temp, letting the egg stablize after each adjustment. The temp will drop when you open the lid or put food on, but don't chase, it will stablize once again after a few minutes.

For lower cooks, close the vents a bit and stablize around 275, and adjust in small increments from there....

After some practice you will get good at adjusting temps just like you need...

I wouldn't lie to you, even if you are a barner ;)
  • Auburnegger
    Options
    Thanks. They were on cedar planks.