Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ping MadMax: Turkey pan question

Options
Retired RailRoader
Retired RailRoader Posts: 975
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
MadMax, could you let me know what is the length and width of the roasting pan that you use for your MadMax Turkey. Thanks
Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.

Comments

• mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i'll have to measure it when i get home tonight for you and respond then. . ..if i forget, give me a call between around 6pm and 11pm tonight eastern time and i'll make sure to get you the measurements. ..703-517-3791
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    Thanks
  • Laker
    Laker Posts: 110
    Options
    I use a large egg. I have successfully used a KitchenAid roasting pan that comes with a floating rack. Size is 17.5" by 15". It "just fits" on the inverted platesetter and works great. I have done 20lb plus turkeys and have had great results with this unit and the Mad Max procedure.
  • Retired RailRoader
    Options
    I just got back form Macy's and I picked up a Tools of the Trade Covered non-stick Carbon steel Oval roaster with rack for $19.99 (normal price $60) . The roaster measures 18 3/4 by 14 3/4 with the handles cut off form the long end of the pan. I tried it on the egg with the inverted plate setter and 3/4 in copper elbows as spacers between the pan and the plate setter and it fits perfectly. There is about a 1 in. more overhang of the pan on one side of the plate setter compared to the other side but I doubt that will be a problem. Now all I have to do is remount the handles on the sides and I should be good to go. Thanks.
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    sounds perfect mike!!!!