Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Papa needs help

Options
Big Papa
Big Papa Posts: 220
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am looking to buy a raised adjustable cooking grid for my Large.

WHat all do i need to buy?

I am confused looking at Fred's Website.

I know i need a spider, but what else?

thanks for your help!!!:)

Comments

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Fred's usually has all of the latest BGE gadgets in his store but some may not be shown on his web site if he hasn't kept it updated. In recent months BGE has come up with a number of new and innovative accessories so I would check out their accessories link:

http://www.biggreenegg.com/whatsnew.html

The 'Spider' isn't a BGE innovation but it is a very handy accessory to have around. It can only be purchased here:

http://www.ceramicgrillstore.com/ceramicgrillstore/

Hope this helps.

Spring "Someone Has To Be Up At This Hour" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Buckdodger
    Options
    Big PaPa...this is what I have. A stainless grid that is a tad smaller than the porcelan grid on my large. It folds and has legs that can be attached to the original grid on the egg. Gives you a second cooking surface 3 or 4 inches above the porcelin grid but is not adjustable...about 25 bucks at my dealer. Hope this helps.
    Bob
    Alex City, Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • low tech redneck
    Options
    I think that the best by far is the adjustable rig and spider from Geramicgrillstore.He usually has a package deal and all you need to make his system work for you and how you cook.If I could buy only one accessory it would be the adjustable rig/spider combo.
    Jim
  • Jazzman
    Options
    I second the adjustable rig/spider combo. I have had mine for a little over a month, and have done 12 or more cooks on it already. It's very versatile, I almost can't imagine a situation that it can't handle. Good quality, great idea - you can't go wrong.