Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Squid ?

Options
Dave
Dave Posts: 163
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've noticed a few references to putting squid in your eggs . Do you guys actually EAT that stuff or am I missing out on some delicacy for gourmet eggers ?.............Squid ??????????

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Dave,[p]I don't consider squid a deicacy. You can get fried calimari at many a local yocal seafood eatery such as those in Cape Cod, Mass. I usually find it a little chewy but full o' fried goodness. If you deep fried glass, it'd prob taste pretty good.[p]It's not until you have squid at a fine Italian eatery such as Scalini Fideli, however, that you'll truly appreciate it as a delicacy. I'm sure people like NB can tell you how to turn squid into a delicacy with Mr. BGE. It's kinda hard to put a finger on the perfect squid. Poor implementations will be too chewy and not altogether pleasant. It's hard to quantify but when properly done it will have a perfect texture balance between squishy and chewy and a flavor unlike most others.[p]Ah, the finer things (non-email, non-ICQ, non-founder bashing monarchy birth right Queen of England etc...),
    Cornfed

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Dave, I buy it all the time. It makes excellent bait. Fish have a hard time wrestling it off a hook.:^)
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Dave,
    Squid … It is not just for fishing any more.[p]Although NatureBoy is the Bait King (Just kidding) around here, I have cooked them as well and I am not the biggest on seafood. They came out very good.[p]If you fell adventurous, give them a try and cook them at high temperature. If you need a hand let us know. [p]Go Tribe!
    RhumAndJerk[p]