Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last picture - winter egging

Options
Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
snowegg.jpg
<p />As we say goodbye to winter, this new batch of pictures I got back has this reminder. We only ended up with a dusting that particular time, but it sure is a bunch of fun cooking outside when most folks are inside![p]Both eggs are happily smoking away (pulled pork on Mr. Big, and a dutch oven of TT's egged beans on Junior). Junior is still waiting for me to build him a home.[p]Cheers
NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Cut Hole. Insert Egg.[p]RhumAndJerk[p]

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    snowegg.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,
    Can you believe this was Augusta,Ga. six weeks ago,it's 80 degrees here now.

• Nature Boy
    Options
    RhumAndJerk,
    Man, that thing is tough enough to wheel in and out of the garage with Mr. Big alone. I think I need to do a separate mini cooking center for Junior. The nights I can get by with just Junior, I can leave Big in the garage. It is tempting though to do as you mention...but I would have to upgrade my wheels, and maybe install a suspension system to make a wheelable double-cooker version. Maybe even an anti-sway bar, or stabilizer bar. 'Course I would need a power assist mechanism also![p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Convert your lawn mower or snow blower or build a hovercraft out a vacuum cleaner motor. Here we go, leave them outside all of the time and build them an Eggroof. Find an old Yugo or Chevevet or better yet an International, remover the roof and backseat install the eggs and drive that around.[p]Ok. Now I am just being silly.[p]BTW, Check your email.[p]Go Tribe!
    RhumAndJerk[p]

• Nature Boy
    Options
    YB,
    Yep. I believe it. Wacky weather lately. Real wacky!
    Nice cozy setup you got there!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    I think that was the first time it's snowed here in 7 or 8 years,help me out here Bryan,when was the last time you saw snow here.
    YB

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]I see the snow but is that some sort of cover you on the top?[p]Elder Ward

• Mr Beer
    Mr Beer Posts: 121
    Options
    eggsnow.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,
    You mean you move your eggs inside at night? Mine stays outside uncovered (haven't found a cover to fit) year round. Makes it easier to fire up Mr egg anytime of the day or night.[p]Mr Beer

• Nature Boy
    Options
    Elder Ward,
    Yeah, the missuz bought this picnic tablecloth fabric, and I cut and stapled it on the pressure treated wood. Wipes off easily, and keeps the bottom shelf dry when it is raining. I just need to wipe it down more...it is pretty cruddy now![p]Hope all is well out your way
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Nature Boy
    Options
    Mr Beer,
    Yeah, it goes in the garage. Sometimes I leave it out if it is still hot when I go to bed. Still haven't built our deck yet, so I cook in the driveway. I have big ol speakers in the garage, where I pipe tunes from my family room stereo.[p]Gotta have good tunes while Qing, and putting away tasty malted beverages.[p]Nice shot there...I remember when you first posted it! I especially like the way you just cleared off a bit of snow, but left a big hunk right next to humpty! Nice contrast.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com