Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Simple Sauce - Honey Mustard

Options
BoneDaddy's
BoneDaddy's Posts: 257
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I wanted to make a Honey Mustard Pork Loin tomorrow night and was going to buy some honey mustard sauce. But then I figured why not just add honey and mustard and make my own! Does anyone have a recipe with proportions, ingredients or variations?
Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    I don't have a recipe for honey mustard, but if you have access to this stuff it is great:

IMG_1666.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is one.

Sauce, Mustard, Honey

INGREDIENTS:
    1/4 cup Dijon-style mustard
    1 tsp dried tarragon, crushed
    1/4 cup honey
    2 Tbs white wine vinegar
    2 tsp olive oil
    1 dash Salt
    1 dash Pepper

Procedure:
    1 Combine mustard and tarragon; mix well.
    2 Gradually blend in honey add vinegar and oil; mix well.
    3 Salt and pepper to taste.

Servings: 4
    Yield: 1/2 cup

Recipe Type
    Sauce, Side Dish

Recipe Source

Source: National Honey Board
  • Drunk at the EGG
    Options
    Try using Spicy Mustard and Real Maple Syrup. This also works very well on chicken. Much better than honey.
  • thepgaboy
    Options
    I worked for several "high end" restaurans while working my way through school. Each of them had a variation of the same theme and each began with equal parts mustard, mayo and honey.

We then would put our own mark on it with different sweet vinegars of varying flavors or hot sauces; or even horseradish!!! The bottomline is that the base recipe of the three main constituents is pretty forgiving.

Start with that and make it your own with chipotle sause or a little liquid smoke...use your imagination. If you get carried away, mistakes aren't expensive.
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Sounds like a good start. I've been wanting something like this for pork tenderloin.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Buxwheat
    Buxwheat Posts: 727
    Options
    How about 50:50 honey:Heinz 57 sauce? I've used this on chicken before. Doesn't get too much simpler.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Try bone suckin mustard sauce.
    http://www.bonesuckin.com/mustard.html

You should taste this on Salmon
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP