Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st week with my egg. Lots of pics

Stitches
Stitches Posts: 102
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well I made it 1 week with my egg and this is truly the world best smoker/grill. He are some of the things I've cooked on it. All this was cooked with 2 refills of lump coal in the firebox I would have never done this with my metal cooker.

12 hour brisket.

Brisket1031.jpg

finishedbrisket.jpg

cutbrisket.jpg

A little chicken.

DSC_3757.jpg

ChickenBGE.jpg

Smoky meatloaf with mash potatoes

allcooking.jpg

bisanpie.jpg

pie.jpg

Best ribs I ever made

DSC_3755.jpg

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Lookin great there Stitches, just imagine what next week will bring ;)
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • GirlyEgg
    GirlyEgg Posts: 622
    WOW! That's an ambitious first week! I've had mine for 2 years and I haven't tried pie yet! Congrats!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Hey that looks pretty good for a beginner :) so what is the story on the "stitches"?? all healed yet? Julie
  • Stitches
    Mainegg wrote:
    Hey that looks pretty good for a beginner :) so what is the story on the "stitches"?? all healed yet? Julie

The story on the stitches.. When I got my egg and was unloading it from the truck, I stuck my hand in the bottom vent hole and used that to pick it up where the metal met skin the skin gave up first. Yep it's healing nicely.I go back Friday to get the stitches removed.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    OUCH! yes that is a point I have grabbed many times helping hubby load or unload an egg. I can see how it would happen. Glad you are doing better and having fun with it :) keep up the great work, Julie
  • Stitches
    Mainegg wrote:
    OUCH! yes that is a point I have grabbed many times helping hubby load or unload an egg. I can see how it would happen. Glad you are doing better and having fun with it :) keep up the great work, Julie

Thanks Julie.. After the visit to the hospital and we had got back home we were both able to laugh about it, my wife said you big dummy you have worked with steel for more that 15 years how about wearing gloves the next time. :lol:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    holy cow, chicken, ribs, and pie.....

man that looks great glad you are loving your egg.. it looks like it is repaying you nicely ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Nice play on words, Bente.
    Stiches- great story and better news that you didn't give up after "that stupid Egg cut me". As you have learned, it is a great cooking tool. Now you have to be careful of the dread flashback when you do some high heat cooking or you will have a scar on you knuckles to match your palm.

good luck
    Al