Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Halloween Costume

Grumps
Grumps Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
While sitting on my back deck a month ago and smoking some ribs, my wife and I began contemplating what we should be at Halloween. What would be more fun than to be a BGE?

We got a bucket that trees come in from a local nursery to make the base and used an exercise ball for the top and my wife put paper mache over them to make it sturdy and provide texture. The damper top is from a quaker oat box. The grid is wooden dowels glued to wooden supports that run front-to-back across my shoulders to hold it up. The thermometer is real (not BGE) and the handle is my old one after I got a Lawn Ranger handle for my large. I used an extra ash screen that I had for detail and made the wings out of balsa wood. The mask came from an online store and there you have it. It took my wife (especially) and I a while to make but the expressions from the people at the party was worth it. They know how much I love my BGE so they knew exactly who I was when they saw the costume. Here are some pictures, let me know what you think.

th_IMG_1750.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1763.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1757.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1758.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1760.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1764.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1765.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1767.jpg
th_CopyofIMG_1772.jpg
th_IMG_1777.jpg
th_IMG_1775.jpg
th_IMG_1779.jpg