Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Great PP Recipe--Thanks, DavidR!

Options
BarbieQ
BarbieQ Posts: 41
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
After smoking a butt this weekend (rubbed with Dizzy Pig's wonderful Coarse Ground Dizzy Dust)I used DavidR's recipe for Pulled Pork Enchiladas. Absolutely wonderful! It's worth making the PP just to be able to make this dish! I think it would be great made with chicken too. I will try to post the link but in case I screw it up, the recipe is found in the "new recipes" section under the Pork heading. Try it--this one's a keeper! Thanks for sharing it, DavidR.[p]Barb
[ul][li]Pulled Pork Enchiladas[/ul]

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    BarbieQ,
    I have to agree with you, I made some last week but with a twist. I used a little less onion and cheese, used corn tortillas in place of flour. I also got some salsas and unsalted chips from my favorite mexican restaurant to add to the pork. (I broke the chips up by squeezing them in my fist as I added them to the meat) My store did not have pimentos so I used chopped black olives.[p]This turned out great. Guess it's a cross of pulled pork enchilada and the mexica meatloaf from the recipe section.
    A good week to ya,
    New Bob

• Big Ed
    Big Ed Posts: 23
    Options
    BarbieQ,[p]I also had pulled pork enchiladas tonight. I had some frozen pulled pork so made up enough for my wife and I.[p]I vary the recipe a bit. I don't like Old El Paso, so I usually make my own enchilada sauce. I will use Hatch or another brand that makes it without all the funny chemicals and tomato sauce in it.[p]Tonight I left out the sour cream because my wife has me on a diet (much needed). And we were out of sour cream. [p]They were great with refried black beans and some squished avacado on the side.