Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

xmas day prime rib

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
cooked my first boneless prime rib. 6 lb roast I cooked between 325 to 350 for about 3 hours. I used pecan wood. It melted in your mouth and was a perfect medium. I took it off at 140. I also added ceramic to the bigg green egg by placing a 17 inch grill on top of the firebox. Followed by the ring. I then placed fire bricks on the grill and a pizza stone on top of the bricks. I placed my drip pan on the pizza stone. I then placed the other grill on top of the ring with my v-rack on top of the highest grill. I cooked a 24 lb turkey this way and it was the juiciest so far.

Comments

• JimE
    JimE Posts: 158
    Options
    maggie,
    I did a prime rib also...made it look like a snowball in course kosher salt and water mixture (3 lb box salt with 1 1/4 cup h20 mixed into the paste) and smoked it 6 1/2 hours til 135. Salt peels right off, rest for 45 mins in foil then enjoy! Best ever! I thought it would be salty but not at all![p]Jim