Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fool me once!

Options
Smokey
Smokey Posts: 2,468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You won't catch me making any more burgers with ground turkey. I've had spagetti and lazagna, both with turkey meat and thought I'd try burgers. They were bland and a bit dry (not even the Egg was able to cure the ills). They were eatable, but not worth doing again (like almost everything else on the Egg.[p]Smokey

Comments

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Smokey,
    Trust me...u still did much justice. By tomorrow evening u will see that u feel more energetic, a sense of eating healthier, AND have much more toilet paper in stock.
    ST

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Smokey:[p]Is it not ironic? Fat kills you. Yet without fat, it just ain't no good to the taste.[p]Turkey maybe good in a casserole or similar recipe but grilled it lacks fat. Next time; try adding some olive oil into the mix before you make your burgers. This is a rare situation where you have to make up the fat . . .[p]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Smokey,[p]I'm all for healthful eating, but when it comes to burgers, it's all about cow, man!!![p]Cornfed
  • Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Smokey,[p]I'm like you I'll give anything a try once or twice. My Italian friends call what you be doing Polish Italian cooking. [p]Don't ask me to explain it that is just what they say.[p]Elder Ward