Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Atlantic Salmon, Cajun shrimp & cheese cake

iBeeSmok'n
iBeeSmok'n Posts: 270
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Decided to bring everything we cooked at Eggtoberfest home to the in-laws and it was a hit.
I fired up the twins and started with some Cajun shrimp on a baguette. The main dish was a maple glazed Atlantic salmon on a cedar plank with a bed or oranges toped off with a wonderful cheese cake recipe from a fellow Canadian egg'r MikeB.

The twins endured a hail storm this afternoon.
PA262339.jpg

PA262331.jpg

PA262333.jpg

PA262338.jpg

PA262337.jpg

Comments

• dblR
    dblR Posts: 75
    I know your in-laws were blown away. You learned eggtremely well for an egghead. Glad to see you again this year and am already looking forward to next year. Ya'll truly represented Canada eggtremely well. Great food and great times. Thank you for showing out again this year.

Please tell Stormy Dog, Smokin' Wolverine and Eh!Head I said hello and many thanks for your efforts. Still haven't figuired out nickname for Craig. Haven't forgot, just hard egghead to sick a moniker on.

Yours in Green smoke,

Ralph
  • Thanks dblr
    We had a great time again this year and look forward to next year as well. We may have to take some more time off to enjoy the after party next year. The 13.5hr drive home is brutal on an after party brain cramp.
    It would sure be nice if we could put together a fest or at least a weekend of smok'n together north of the border next year and have all our southern friends join us.
    Keep working on a handle for Craig I am sure he can't wait.

Take care
    Gary
  • Good looking food, pics & back yard. Is that corn in the backyard or some other type of grain? Either way, wish I had that to look at!
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    wow gary it all looks real good. glad to hear you love the cheescake. ;)
    man hail??? all we got was real heavy rain and high winds. i am very happy that you finaly decided to start posting some pics on the forum!

all us canadians have to stick together and work real hard for the "EGGFEST 2009 EH!!" i believe it will get on its feet in 09 for sure!!

take care buddy
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    that looks great.. those shrimp were really good at eggtoberfest.. i ate a couple :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Glad you enjoyed the shrimp Bente and thanks for helping with the garlic.
  • Yes we need a north of the border Eggfest. Are all our friends from the south up for the haul north eh?
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i had to have something to do since max was hoarding all the eggs :angry:

so thanks for filling my time ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Thanks rockytopsc
    The food turned out great and a care package went home with everyone.
    Yes that is corn this year and probably beans next year.
  • Hey no problem we can keep you in mind next year.