Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bar-B-Que in Atlanta

Hot Stuff
Hot Stuff Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I like the Old Brick Pit Bar-B-Que on Peachtree Industrial Blvd. inside I-285 in Chamblee (just south of the old Frito-Lay plant). It would be about a 20 minute drive from the Mothership. The original owner who died a few years ago trained at the Fresh Air in Jackson and the food tastes very similar to theirs. They smoke fresh hams (no butts) and have a very thin vinegary sauce. Order with "sauce on the side". The Brunswick Stew is usually pretty good. All of the "sides" are just run-of-the-mill and not worth mentioning. I believe they are open until 7:00 pm. Mon. thru Sat. and closed on Sundays.

BAR-B-QUE PLATE ..... $6.95
1. chopped pork (probably about a third of a pound)
2. bowl of Brunswick Stew
3. cole slaw
4. two slices of white bread

Comments

• 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    I haven't tried this place yet but believe I will after your post! Thanks.
  • I use to work a couple of miles from the Old Brick Pit on PIB... I love their pork, chicken and brunswick stew. I did not realize that the late owner use to work at Fresh Air in Jackson...but I knew that their had to be some connection. Several years ago I was driving from Atlanta to Savannah and decided that I needed to try Fresh Air...using my GPS I found Fresh Air. The found was very similar and very good.

One time a group from work went to Old Brick Pit for lunch and afterwards we went to the newly opened the sporting goods store on Peachtree, As we were walking through the store, one of the clerks was walking around with a puzzled look on his face and then turned to us and ask if we smelled something burning....we had to tell him that what he smelled was our clothes that reeked of smoke from the Old Brick Pit.

I need pay visit to the old stomping grounds.
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Sure sounds great. The wife and I will certainly give it a go! We like trying differnt BBQ places so this will be a good one to try.