Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OK you gourmands -Pork Crown Roast

Options
Kelly Keefe
Kelly Keefe Posts: 471
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
One of the local markets is running a special on pork crown roasts. The wife wants to try one and I can't think of any reason this can't be Egged. Any suggestions, recipes would be appreciated.[p]Thanks in advance![p]Kelly Keefe
Jefferson City, MO

Comments

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,
    Olive 4 table spoons per 6 ribs 2 table spoons of sage dry or fist full of fresh. Soak dry in oil or grind fresh up in oil. Rub over all sides of crown. Salt and pepper to taste with kosher salt and roasted black pepper corns that have been crushed. Pop into egg at 350 Degrees until 165 degrees internal (About one hour)inside chops or until juices run clear. Serve with fresh mustard. or rasberry vinagrette.
    If you got em smoke em,
    Elder Ward,

• JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,[p]Elder's recipe sounds good. The only thing you may want to change would be the final temp. 165° is a little high IMHO. 150-155° results in a juicy loin with a very slightly pink center (medium rare for pork). This has been deemed safe by the National American Federation of Pork Producers Anonymous, or some such group. LOL! Sounds like another great meal!!!!!!!!![p]Keep the smoke risin',
    Jim

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Kelly Keefe,
    I have cooked a few crown roast on the egg.At 2001 Eggtoberfest I cooked a couple stuffed with sausage ,chopped apple,onion,mushrooms.Cook at 350 until the roast reaches 150.
    Larry

[ul][li]Crown Roast[/ul]
  • Elder Ward
    Options
    JSlot,
    Hi, Yeah I agree with you but I live with a wife who is of the old school so I have to go a little higher or she makes me put it back on.:([p]Elder Ward