Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini-eggs

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi, fellers. I read the previous thread about eggs in fishing camps, etc. Got a new (old) mini trawler. Need an egg for it.[p]I've had the BGE for several months and love it. Need info on cooking on the little green egg. Can you do most of the stuff you can on the big one? Bread, pizza and most especially ribs.[p]Got a couple racks now on the shore -side BGE and wonder if I can do them on the mini on the boat. What modifications/restrictions are on the LGE?[p]Thanks.[p]Larry

Comments

• J Appledog
    J Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Options
    Larry,[p]The mini is a delight to own. The grill itself is only 9" in diameter so there really isn't much cooking surface. I use mine for small steaks like filet mignon, lobster tails, big shrimp, burgers & lamb patties, sausages, pork chops, small game birds and fish. Pizza, bread & ribs require more room & less direct heat. [p]The mini can be carried in a large canvas "boat tote" bag and the feet that come with the larger BGEs will keep it in place. Just remember that the bottom gets VERY hot![p]Controlling temps is a bit tricky at first; use lots of lump. Once you get the hang of it, it's a blast.[p]Bone appétit! JCA
  • J Appledog,[p]Great. Love my "new" boat, but love my egg too. It'll be fun to see how it works out.[p]Larry

• J Appledog,[p]Great. Love my "new" boat, but love my egg too. It'll be fun to see how it works out.[p]Larry

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    miniring.jpg
    <p />Larry,
    I love the mini egg, it's a lot of fun but a little hard to get use to.I had a stainless steel ring made for my mini that raised the cooking grill 1-1/2 inches,now it cooks more like a small egg,buy it you won't be sorry.
    YB

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    YB, stainless steel! My most favorite precious metal..