Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2'' Fire Ring Questions

Options
Jersey Doug
Jersey Doug Posts: 460
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the intended use of the 2" fire ring for the Large? Do people use it with the plate setter, or some other setup?

Comments

• Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    I bought mine a few years ago as part of the package that BGE sells for the 3 tiered rack. Sometimes I will use it when wanting to get closer to the fire or doing a double grid stack of ribs.
  • Avocados
    Avocados Posts: 465
    Options
    I use it with the cast iron grid to grill steaks at high temps down close to the fire:

steak.jpg

It can also be used for raising the grid by setting it on top of the regular fire ring:

raisedgrid.jpg
  • jeffinsgf
    jeffinsgf Posts: 1,259
    Options
    It seems like a useful tool, as the first couple of answers have shown. It's something I think I'll add to the toolbox once I've learned how to use and mentally justified all the new toys I just bought (Spider, Adjustable Rig, two sizes of pizza stones, small CI grid and plate setter). Don't know the price difference, but if the goal is to lower the cooking grid or heat deflector, take a look at ceramic grill store's Spider.