Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - How 'Bout Those Texas Longhorns!

Bevo
Bevo Posts: 179
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Way to go, Horns! Of course our reward for thumping the Sooners today is that we get to play Missouri next Saturday. Depending on the outcome of later games today, the Longhorns could have the opportunity to upset two #1 teams on consecutive Saturdays.

Hook 'Em

Comments

• You're just saying that because it's true.

By the way, you missed a great party here at the Coop.

Spring "Long Tail Short Horns" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Jimbo
    Jimbo Posts: 17
    Congrats. And that's hard to say comming from an Aggie!
    I guess the Egg just bonds all sorts of folks together.
    Gig 'em.......JB, TAMU'76, TAMU-CVM '79
    PS: speaking of the EGG, I've got 3 Ginger Ale chickens, one Cajun, one Italian, and one lemon pepper, on my XL as we speak. I'll drink a beer for you guys. At least one Texas team is doing well!
  • Congrats Colin on a great win. Very exciting game, and Texas just played better. Since my Ags don't have a chance this year, I hope the Horns win out.
  • Bevo
    Joni and I have discussed how much we regretted missing the trip down to the Coop. Maybe next year. I assume your home might be tuned to the LSU game later this evening.

Trivia question about 5 teams in the Top Ten:

What do Texas, Texas Tech, Missouri, Oklahoma, and LSU have in common?

Scroll down for answer......

All of the quarterbacks are from Texas.
  • Bevo
    Wow. Two consecutive messages from Aggies.

Despite my own allegiance to UT, I have long admired Texas A & M University and its history and traditions. It's a fine school.

As for A & M's football team, I want them to win every game except on Thanksgiving weekend.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Congrats on a great win. It makes for some interesting conversation over who's no.1
  • Chad
    Chad Posts: 35
    Bevo wrote:
    Joni and I have discussed how much we regretted missing the trip down to the Coop. Maybe next year. I assume your home might be tuned to the LSU game later this evening.

Trivia question about 5 teams in the Top Ten:

What do Texas, Texas Tech, Missouri, Oklahoma, and LSU have in common?

Scroll down for answer......

All of the quarterbacks are from Texas.

Sorry, but Sam Bradford is from Norman, Oklahoma.

It was a great game today. While I'm upset OU lost, it was entertaining to watch. Our poor special teams, and then the injury to Renolds killed us. UT has a great team again this year.
    McCoy and Bradford are amazing to watch.

question for you though.
    Why does texas' coaches have in common with OU?
    scroll down for answer

Their two most successful coaches were Sooners first.
    Mac Brown was the offensive coordinator for Switzer.
    Darrell Royal played for Wilkinson

:)

again great game.
  • Bevo
    Thanks, Chad -

That's what I get from repeating what I heard on a radio call-in program without verifying it myself.
  • Well, congrats on the win. I just got home from the game and let me tell you it was a great game. I am a huge Oklahoma fan and I am upset with the loss. Congrats on being #1... I am happy to say we did not fall to far behind, #4. I hope you can hold on to the #1 longer than us. If not we will surely be there to get it back! Big 12 is just killing each other...