Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spring Hen: This Is For You

Lawn Ranger
Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I would like to offer up a very special thank you to the Spring Hen. Judy is one of the most incredible women that I have ever met. Not only for all of the apparent marital reasons, but also for the incredible amount of love and caring that she exhibits to each and every person that she meets. She never met an Egger that she didn't like.

Trust me, behind every good Chicken there is a Hen making sure that he toes the line. I know for a fact that both of these very, very fine folks busted their little feathered asses to pull off this Coop Party. It was what they wanted to do,...and if 1000 Eggers had decided to come, then it would have still taken place...only with more,....well, ...more everything.

I sure don't want to take anything away from the Chicken, but I think that oftentimes the support staff gets lost in the shuffle. I just want to make sure that this doesn't happen on this occasion.

Judy...You're simply the best!

We Love You!

BuddyLawn

Comments

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    For once in my life I am at a loss for words. That is so sweet of you to say such nice things about me. I don't know how to respond because it is so true....it is impossible for me to meet an egger I don't like. You all are so different but so alike - all goodness and uplifting to be around. I enjoyed every minute of the commotion getting ready for the party, during it, and afterwards. Thank you for your love and friendship.

Spring "proud to be an egghead" Hen
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,500
    Morning Mike:

Even though we couldn't make the Coop-de-do, I have no doubt in my mind that Judy is the "support staff" that made the day what it turned out to be. I even believe that the Chicken will agree that without the Hen there just wouldn't have been as much fun had by all. Looking forward to seeing the two of them in less than two weeks.

Shrimpburgers just for you Judy at the afterparty! :):)

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Oh Jay, you should see me smiling from ear to ear and my mouth watering...what a sight. I'll start dreaming of those shrimp burgers tonight and for two weeks to come. See ya soon.
    Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Just minutes ago as I walked in, the Hen was calling. She did not realize we were still in Texas and would have invited us to dinner. That's a Hen for you always thinking of others when I am sure she and the chicken are still re-cooping from the coop party!
    What a GREAT time! See you in Alanta!
  • Hey! Hey!! Hey!!! I have to live here you know LOL

But you're right, she's got it together. Not bad for having been won in a poker game, huh?

Spring "The Yin To Judy's Yang" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Truer words couldn’t be spoken. To be on this forum a few short months and then to meet for the first time and be treated as though we’ve already met. My glass is raised to Judy, Leroy and all the Coop Staff for hosting such a successful gathering. Looking forward to many more years of friendship, food and spirits with the coop and fellow eggers.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Here here, couldn't agree more, Judy is awesome! -RP
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Count your blessings Leroy. A match made in heaven. 2 of the nicest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.
    You keep him in line MS. Judy Ya Hear.
    Glad your party went great but have to wait till Atlanta to meet again

Pat (Coopless this year) Poolman
  • I'll second and third Judy's graciousness. I called that day to see if we could come, a total stranger, and she made me feel like an old friend on the phone. Thanks again for a great time at the Chicken Ranch.

doc
  • As probably the newest of new eggers on the forum I want to put my two cents worth in for a vote on Spring Hen being the momma chicken when it comes to taking care of the flock!

I felt so at home that I, not knowing about eggs at all, she found something to special to share with me and make me feel a part of the group too!

Thank you Judy! YOU'RE THE BOMB!! :woohoo:
  • Amen! The whole gang at the coop has been blessed to know this hen! From the first time I met you both it has been like getting re-united with long-time friends, and somehow you make everyone around you feel like family.

Heartfelt thanks,
    John
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Yup, everything that Lawn Ranger said is true :) You guys are the best, and I know that you'll represent the Texan egghead community just fine in Atlanta.

Thanks again for everything, Ms. Judy!
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Very well said Mr Lawn....she is a special lady that I'm lucky to call friend....

T
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Many dittos to Buddy Lawns message.

Ray and Faye Price
  • BurntRaw
    BurntRaw Posts: 565
    I couldn't agree more!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Amen, Amen, Three cheers for Lady Hen!!!!!