Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ALRIGHT!! BRAGGING TIME!!!!!

Options
sirlancealot
sirlancealot Posts: 506
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It"s bragging time, How long have you ran your egg continuously before shutting down.Wether it"s been one long cook or several cooks back to back. Also,

1. What did you cook,and how long.

2.At what temp.

3. And how did your egg perform under continuous use.

4. Did you have any problems you would like to share?

Alright all retirees,and those of you who have it made and don"t have to work like us,and have all the time you want to run your eggs ;);) .

(This is going to be good and very interesting) thanks for your input...

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Not bragging but last year for the Superbowl party 1 of the larges ran for 28 hrs on 1 load. 3 overnight butts at 250 then 4 or 5 chicken cooks (pieces) at 350, then reheated 2 briskets at the same temp. Still had some lump left but reloaded for burgers and dogs for the kids. That was just 1 of 3 we had going for that weekend.
  • Scotty's Inferno
    Options
    My favorite feat was a jerky smoke. Not just for time, but low temps as well. 15 hours @ 155 degrees! Scott
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    I got nothing but a 26 1/2 hour @ 195 brisket. Took too damn long. Thanks go out to the Digi II.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    8 days no food just burning lump temp between 250 and 600

low temp open egg, stir, add more lump and close egg until temp goes down

i did it to burn up some of that south american royal oak...

no egg problems ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    What is the question? What are you cooking?

Walt
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    about 32 hours. was a butt done too low at 225, and followed by a brisket my buddy brought over.

after shutting down, i used the lump for a sear, a spatchcock chicken, and some other couple cooks. i had really overfilled it with lump, frankly. was my first butt cook
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Edemitch
    Edemitch Posts: 196
    Options
    Ran my Medium for about 27 hours on one load. Started with Brisket. Then did a couple of trays of scoops tacos and finished with ribs
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I've still got the training wheels on...my longest is two pork butts for about 16 hours at 250. No problems at all.