Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I dont think it gets any better

aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last I got my 1st egg Large ,have done no less than 150 cooks ,in Dec I got my small do lots off cooks there also .But 3 weeks ago got my MINI ,
Would never get rid of any but I find myself using the mini the most when cooking for 3-4 ,yes somthings you just cant do with the mini ,or if you can it lot more work .
Dont ever over look a mini

Dave in NW IOWA
000_0033.jpg

100_0364.jpg
100_0360.jpg
100_0314.jpg

Comments

• Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Great advise. TKS
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Ditto here! we use it a lot and the lump we use has gone way down. With just the two of us it take care of most meals. It was almost a toy I thought till we got it and it is just a tiny power house! LOL
  • Beli
    Might get one at eggtoberfest, there is only 3 of us here........
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Makes a good companion to the large. Mom and Dad will have their food on the large while the mini is busy with hot dogs, brats, hamburgers or whatever for the son. I often use the mini to bake potatoes. As long as the food fits, my mini will cook it.
    IMG_5433.jpg
    IMG_4134.jpg
    BGEminilambchops0003.jpg
    BEGMiniSteakandbrats0006.jpg
    Clay, member of the prestigious BGE Mini Club. B)
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    So, if you had a large and wanted a second, would you buy the Mini or the Small when mostly cooking for two to three people?
  • aaind
    If your going to do long slow cooks on both get a small ,if your going to mostly grill Mini
    I still would feel naked if I dint have all 3
    I just know there are time I could use all three ,but for a ribeye 3rd pound burger bratts ,fast bacon ect this little guy is great ,And your lump consuption will drop a long way
    cid_F5AE7A74-5FEE-4863-BB55-63A5B11.jpg
  • Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    Hi!
    Where is the recipe for those delicious baked potatoes?

Okeejohn
    Okeechobee Fl
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    I called my local dealer to see if he had an ash tool for a mini, he did not but he is ordereing me one. He seemed surprised that I had one (strange since I bought it from him 2 wks ago), told me he only sold about 1 per year, & questioned me as to "what you could even cook on something so small" - How'bout that? I think I should be a salesman at that place in my spare time :cheer:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Zippylip
    If this helps, it fits 16-18 small appetizers, the top photo is 16 shrimp lejons & the bottom is 17 or 18 ABT's on the mini (my first 2 cooks by the way). I think you can use that number for stuffed mushrooms, blanket'd pigs, & all other similarly sized munchies:

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1715.jpg
    happy in the hut
  • aaind
    My dealer gave me one to use ,he had let the kids play with it, never sold one ,next I told about that I had it to 600 in 15 mn ( he gave a bit of deer in head light look )
    I told a coffe bud about it, he went down and bought it

Like I said dont over look it
    Dave
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Zippster, I didn'y know you could cook!

Do you deliver?

:woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Zippylip
    only to the neighbor's, & only if they have given adequate assurances that beverages will await my arrival :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • Zippylip
    My dealer was unaware that BGE made different sized ash tools, I guess he really isn't into the egg, & that's fine I guess, the store he operates is predominantly a super high-end gas grill operation, the real expensive monsters you can't find at Home Depot - He's been selling the egg for years & has a nice little display with 3 or 4 in the middle of 100 stainless steel titans, kinda funny going in there watching people plunk down thousands of dollars for these rolling outdoor metal kitchen-cooker-warmer-radiator things when I know I'm cook'n much better food on my prehistoric mass of ceramic :laugh:
    happy in the hut
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Got it from RRP. Not sure of his original recipe though,.... I adapted it to slicing raw potatoes not all the way through- stopping soon enough that they still hold together. First cut is a 1/4" deep horizontal slice on one side to make a flat base to postion the potato so it don't rock. Make little foil boats for each potato to sit in. I drizzle seasoned butter/oil over them just before they are done and continue baking until tender. Plan on a 1 hour cook at 400 degrees but they most often get done under one hour depending on the size. When the potatoes are done the slices can be 'fanned' out for easy eating.
    Give RRP a holler for details/questions about this recipe. Good luck and have fun!
    IMG_5435.jpg
  • Beli
    Great photos. And I agree a great complement to the large.
  • Beli
    Now I get the correct picture........difficult here to decide since.....1)BGEggs don´t sell in thia country 2) going by the 9¨grill diameter is a bit missleading & 3 well actually never seen one :laugh: ....adding food to it and sending the photos is what I needed. TKS
  • if i remember, after making the bottom flat he set the tater between two wooden chop sticks to keep from cutting all the way thru and to keep depth of cut even..or i thought of that myself which is highly unlikely. :laugh: