Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rabbit recipe

Options
emilluca
emilluca Posts: 673
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
K-Mart had rabbit for around 6.00 for a whole one. I bought one and will let it thaw for this Saturday or Sunday cook. I am thinking 350-375 with a mustard soy sauce glaze for about 50 to 30 minutes on the mini.
Any other good ideas?

Comments

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    All I know is my backyard has been covered with them this year. I think it may have something to do with the tornado that came through in April which took out alot of trees, etc. I see them alomst daily. Maybe I should set up some traps. ;)
  • kolbdriver
    Options
    Do them just like you would chicken dark meat. They are great. Might cook just a tad quicker.
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    Grilled rabbit! Boy, does that sound good! Please post results.
  • emilluca
    Options
    Pictures will follow.
    E
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Here is another idea.

Rabbit, Djm5x9

Grilled rabbit is the only way. One of my boys makes a request for grilled rabbit about once a month.

Directions:
    1 Grill at 325º to 350º till visually done at the leg joints. Smaller rabbits are easily done because of their compact size. Large, long rabbits present the problem of leg areas needing more cooking time than the chest cavity. Rabbits of this size may be best cooked if cut up in three portions.
    2 I simply rub with garlic and olive oil and season with Lawry's or any other spice mix The Princess directs me to use.

Servings: 1

Recipe Type
    Main Dish, Meat

Recipe Source
    Author: djm5x9

Source: BGE Forum, Djm5x9, 2004/01/24
  • QPete
    QPete Posts: 32
    Options
    I will check my K-Mart to see if they carry rabbit.

If you are going to grill it/bake it, I recommend wrapping it in bacon slices.
    Farm raised rabbit is very lean, leaner then chicken, and it will dry out quickly.

I typically braise it on cast iron skillet.
    Make sure you brown the meat before you add other ingredients.
  • emilluca
    Options
    It was in the freezer section. They are individual wrap. Must come bulk in box and store separates into individual rabbit.