Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New ZippyMiniTable

Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Saturday, I picked up me new mini, posted pix of the "final configuration" (perched precariously on a kneewall), & the replies containing multiple references to "Humpty Dumpty" haunted me, sos I built the little guy his own crib (with the giant wheels its more like a pack-and-go playpen):

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1731.jpg

IMG_1740.jpg

CopyofIMG_1738.jpg

CopyofIMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Ooohhhh,isn't that cute? :lol: I like it,but I think I'll leave mine on the table until I figure out a spot for it :whistle:I still haven't fired up the little guy :blush: I did get a new band last night though :woohoo:

NewEgg002.jpg

NewEgg003.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    I love it,, nice job Zippy.
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    The little guy looks great sitting on his new throne!
    He's an upstart....already sitting taller than King Large, Eggdome leader of the Knights of the Rectangular Table.

All hail Mini, the Duke of Steak in Eggland, the left hand of King Large and admired suitor of Lady Lump.

Nice work Zippylip.
  • nice job , nice design ,,, where do you find the time???
    seems to me from dougs post you are much better at carpentry than packing boxes.. :laugh:
  • Zippylip
    MONDAY night: Home Depot for the the stuff, layed out the top, sunk in the paver.
    TUESDAY night: Attached the legs & wheels, & fought off the bee from hell.
    WEDNESDAY morning: I affixed the lower shelf.
    WEDNESDAY night: Attached the trim, photo shoot.

Regarding the packing job, that's doug's handywork, the box was so ugly I felt compelled to mail it back to him ;)
    happy in the hut
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Gee thanks Zippy :blink: I worked hard building that box out of duct tape :lol: ;)BTW,glad that you survived the killer bee attack.Way to go Rambo :lol: :laugh: :) Now I know that mesquite has a purpose :lol:
  • Zippylip
    I still have no explanation as to what that thing was, the consensus was a cicada killer, but the picture on the link shows them there killers as black, & I've seen them in action, freak'n scary. This thing was yellow, like a Gilligan's Island honey bee. Of course I was still running away from it like a little girl through this maze of crap:

IMG_1728.jpg
    happy in the hut
  • Any chance that bee was a European Hornet? It would have been attracted to the lights and had a loud buzz.

Like the table, what type of wood did you use?

Thanks
  • Zippylip
    I read the link & I think that is it, it says they are from 1-1.4 inches, this thing was a little over an inch (dead & slightly dried out, looked much more plump in flight).

The table is Cedar, little more expensive than pine but nicer looking
    happy in the hut