Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wanting to add new egg

Options
Buckiquer
Buckiquer Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a large BGE. I have had it for about a year and a half. I use it all the time. I am now looking to add one more for travel and additional capacity. Looking for suggestion on size. Also on a side note: I recently ordered a skid of Cowboy Lump from the factory for $208 thats for 30 20# bags. $6.95 a bag delivered. I have been very happy with this lump in the past. Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    I'll buy 10 bags of that lump from you - are anywhere near NC eastern coast?[p]BTW, Get a small Egg - goes great with a large.[p]Tim

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Buckiquer, I echo the idea on the small. I find it great for the small meals like sandwiches, but most importantly for the nuke temps for searing steaks, due to the closeness of the grate and red hot coals. As for portability I have no experience as I designed my table to include a small and a large - a terrific combo!

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Buckiquer,
    A small egg is a beautiful little cooker. A medium is nice too, and even more versatile than a small. I use my medium the most at home, and have even slapped it in the back of the Pathfinder a few times. But the small is much more portable, and really handy to have around. Some good vertical space also, so you can do 2 levels.[p]If you are a big guy, and have no problem throwing the medium around, and you have the bucks....that would be the way to go. Tough call.[p]Beers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    Buckiquer,[p]We have a large ceramic "P" and just added the small BGE for our anniversary in September and have been very happy with the combination of the two. You're right on track with the portability of a small. We've taken it camping and it worked out well. It was awesome having it to cook on and we really impressed our friends who went with us. Aside from portability, it's nice to have a second cooker for things like side dishes, veggies (we've done both) and I'm anxious to try some kind of bread on it.[p]Whichever you choose, I'm sure you won't be disappointed.[p]QBabe
    :~)

• Buckiquer
    Options
    BajaTom,
    I will keep you in mind in the future as well as Seth Howard I could not find your E-Mail. I live about two miles south of the airport. How about you ? To Everyone who replied to my post. Thanks I will probably go with the small. Maybe someday Dayton can replace the Grand National Trap Shoot with The Grand National Egg Cookoff!