Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Appetizer Bonanza - What's your favorite on the EGG

Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looking for a good appetizer to cook on the egg for Thanksgiving.
Thought I'd try to see what everyone's favorite is.
Happy Thanksgiving,
Big Daddy

Comments

• Big Daddy,[p]Here is an easy one. It's one of my tailgate favorites. I buy a box of frozen scallops wrapped in bacon, set the egg up for an indirect cook, and follow the time and temp directions on the package. The charcoal adds a delicious flavor to scallops. On a busy day like TG, easy is good.[p]Pout
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Pout,[p]Before you cook them, sprinkle them with some soy sauce and a little powdered ginger. Extra yum.
  • Big Daddy,[p]smoked olives. I got the recipe from Smoke and Spice.[p]Some like this - take a mix of kalamata and green olives (one cup each) - shake'em up in a plastic bag with a couple of tablespoons of olive oil, a couple of tablespoons of white wine, a couple fresh garlic cloves minced, a teaspoon of dried oregano and ground pepper to taste. [p]Put'em on the BGE in a shallow smokeproof dish, or impromtu aluminum foil tray, cook at 225 for an hour or until they absorb half the liquid and taste - well - smokey. [p]I've seen grown up people fight over these things. [p]cb
  • char buddy,[p]Yes, those olives ARE great! [p]The last time I did the olives, I smoked a big wedge of brie that I poured a little white over and patted the tops and sides with sliced almonds. Wrap a pie plate with aluminum foil to protect it from smoke and place on the cooker until the cheese is melty, but hasn't completely lost its shape. Serve with something to spread it with and slices of fresh French bread.[p]Also very easy and impressive.[p]Lee[p][p]
  • char buddy,[p]Yes, those olives ARE great! [p]The last time I did the olives, I smoked a big wedge of brie that I poured a little white over and patted the tops and sides with sliced almonds. Wrap a pie plate with aluminum foil to protect it from smoke and place on the cooker until the cheese is melty, but hasn't completely lost its shape. Serve with something to spread it with and slices of fresh French bread.[p]Also very easy and impressive.[p]Lee[p][p]
  • nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Big Daddy,
    I just did a batch of bacon wrapped pickled watermelon rinds for a party Friday night. They were a big hit![p]~nikki

• QSis,[p]that does it. I gotta do the cheese and olive thing for turkey day.[p]cb