Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin

Options
70chevelle
70chevelle Posts: 280
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I found a pork loin in a ziplock bag in my freezer earlier this week. I didn't want it to freezer burn, so I thawed & cooked it last nite. I used some olive oil & used a dry rub of salt, paprika, pepper, brown sugar, cayenne, & Durkee's rib & chicken rub. I fired up the egg, platesetter (legs up) with a drip pan. Got the egg to 350* and put the loin on. When the temp got to 125, I spritzed it with equal parts apple cider vinegar & Sweet Baby Rays, 2x. I pulled it off the grate when the internal hit 147* and let rest before I put it in the fridge. It was 10:30 pm. Although I couldn't put it away without tasting a piece. It seemed a little tough, and had an acrid taste to it. I'm hoping it was just the end piece, but it didn't do much for me. I did throw a few small pieces of hickory in the firebox when I put the loin on, and it cooked for about 1 hour & 20 minutes to get to temp. Any ideas?

Comments