Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Deep Dish Pizza

Options
AndyR
AndyR Posts: 130
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,[p]I'm looking for that deep dish pizza receipe I've seen here several times. It's the one that involved spreading the uncooked pork sausage at the bottom of the pie, above the dough. Anyone know which recipe I mean? Thanks.[p]Andy

Comments

• rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    AndyR,
    This is not what you are asking for but this is a good deep dish pizza. [p] Uno's Pizza
    This is a clone of the chicago style deep dish pizza known a uno's pizza.[p]Ingredients:
    Olive oil or cooking spray
    1 package active dry yeast
    1 C. warm water, (110 to 115 degrees)
    3 to 3 1/2 C. all purpose flour
    1/3 C. olive oil or cooking spray (I use only Bertolli Extra Light Olive Oil)
    12 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
    1/2 pound Italian sausage, mild-cooked, drained and crumbled
    1 15-ounce can tomatoes - whole pear or plum, drained (I use 2 15-ounce cans
    of tomatoes)
    1 tsp. dried oregano, crushed
    1 tsp. dried basil, crushed
    1/4 C. Parmesan cheese, grated
    fresh mushrooms, sliced or chopped green pepper (optional)[p][p]Preparation:
    1. Generously brush a heavy 10 x 2-inch round cake pan or 10-inch spring form pan with olive oil or cooking oil. (I use the same dark baking pan as they use in the restaurants, it gives a much better crust.)
    2. In large mixer bowl, sprinkle yeast into warm water. Stir till dissolved. Stir in 1 1 /2 cups of the flour; the 1/3 cup oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat at low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl often. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
    3. Cover, let rise in warm place till double. Punch down. Let rest 5 minutes.
    4. Turn dough into pan. Using oiled hands, spread dough evenly over bottom and partially up sides of pan. Cover; let rise till nearly double, about 30 minutes.
    5. Arrange cheese slices in 1/4-inch thick layer on dough. Gently press sausage on cheese. Using hands, gently crush tomatoes into small pieces atop sausage. Sprinkle with herb and Parmesan.
    6. Bake in a 500 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or till edges of the crust are crisp and golden brown. If desired, sprinkle the pizza with sliced mushrooms or chopped green pepper during the last few minutes of baking time. let the pizza stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.[p]Makes 4 to 6 servings.[p]

• AndyR
    AndyR Posts: 130
    Options
    Rose,
    What a riot! I was in Orlando this week for business and I ate at Uno's. That's why I've got the craving for deep dish pizza! Thanks.

• rose
    rose Posts: 37
    Options
    AndyR,
    Hope it helps your craving, [p]