Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flat bread for lunch :)

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
super easy and ready in minutes! We had roasted garlic and vegi humus.
Picture728Small.jpg
Picture729Small.jpg
425 indirect, plate setter legs down. corn meal on top, no parchment.
1 3/4 cup flour
1 T chopped rosemary
1t baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 c water
1/3 cup EVO
mix all dried ingredients and make a well in the center. add oil and water stir till dough forms kneed a few times and cut into 3 pieces. roll out flat and thin brush with oil and more rosemary if you like. sprinkle with coarse salt. bake till little golden 8-10 minutes. keeps for a couple of days if you don't eat it all. I flipped one batch and didn't the other. it will make it crispy on both sides if you do.

Comments

• Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    There are a couple of you here making me jealous you egg your lunch. Interesting, veggie hummus. We get the hummus with garlic at Sam’s, haven’t tried making it.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    wow that looks great!!!!

never made flat bread before... although i doubt mine will have that hummis stuff on there :sick:

but maybe some peanut utter and bananas ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    P/B and Bananas? :( :sick: :blink:
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    maybe it is a southern thing :blink:

maybe this year they will teach you that at your florida home..... :whistle:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb