Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bottom Round roast for pit beef?

Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Is bottom round roast the correct cut for pit beef? I got a good deal on a small roast at the grocery. If not, oh well...I'll have a nice roast for some sandwiches.

Thanks!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,736
    i sometimes use rump roast for pit beef, it contains some bottom round on the cut i get, rump roast here has part of the bottom, eye, and top where in most places i believe its the tender side of the bottom only. i bet it would be fine if you can cut it thin enough, a slicer would be the way to go. bottom roast makes descent jerkey as well
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    I prefer top round, as can be seen on my website...that said bottom round should be fine but I agree with fishless...slice it as thin as you can, but I would also say that for any cut of meat being made into pit beef....season it up and let it ride in the fridge for a couple of days...