Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Soon to be Egger

Auburnegger
Auburnegger Posts: 127
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know I am getting a large egg with nest and wooden side tables. Probably not til Christmas :unsure: but I would like to know:
1. what eggcessories are a must have to start .
2. what eggcessories are fun to have.

Comments

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

IMG_1658.jpg

Sorry, I've had a few
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • a thermopen

a bunch of these [$10 at co$t¢o]

ramdom001.jpg

and some sort of rack to do this

minisausage034.jpg

the thermopen will make you a better cook egg or no egg. buy that first..
  • That's a good one! I have already had my inaugural six pack. Probably my favorite seasonal beer.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    'inaugural' 6 pack eehhh, gonna be an interesting night, gotta go, birds kill'n cowboys a' happen'n
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    I think that you can actually make the egg work without all the other things. That being said, I have taken a secong morgage out on the house and gotten stuff that I just had to have. Placesetter comes to mind, along with stoker, beercan chicken holder, ashrake, grill tool, cast iron grate for those deep deep sear marks (yet to use that one) and of course the small egg to go with the large. Had to have that also you know ;)
    The pen is a must. You can check temps in a flash and that's good. Also had to have the table, the Granite top and the small table. I think I will have the pic of that one up in a few days. Now I am thinking of closing in the 25 feet between the house and the garage so I won't have to build anymore redneck awnings in the rain.

You only need what you are going to use. The ash rack is a must. The grill tool is very handy as is the place setter. Once Tom has the adjustable rig he has been promising for that last few months :woohoo: I will Have to have that also.

Good luck..Oh....did you say you had to wait til Christmas?....I feel for you. :lol:

Rick
  • Ashman
    Ashman Posts: 375
    Just a thought- you could make one he-- of a Christmas list. Remember, he who dies with the most toys wins!!

War Eagle
    Gordon
  • To me the must haves are the plate setter, vertical roaster (for the best turkeys you will ever eat),a pizza stone and a rib rack.
  • Hey Rick, I ordered my adjustable rig today, you may want to check the site and get yours before they are gone again.
  • War Eagle! And in that case the race is on for the most toys. I already have the list started, just wanted to make sure I ask for too much and not enough ;)