Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some things NOT to do with your spouse

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK! We been married for almost 28 years and I have a very short list of things that I would prefer to NEVER do with my husband again. We have built a new home, and survived it, even though it was a log home and we did EVERYTHING from cutting the trees ourselves to chinking and the interior. Redone an old home.... he has decided that there is a lot to be said for mobile homes! LOL We built a car from scratch, with just a pile of parts, well he did that, I just made sure the credit card was usable. Have two boys, almost grown(when does that REALLY happen?) :( But I will never, ever help him put the back glass in an old 1953 F-100 truck ever again. we have spent three morning in the garage trying to fit a flat piece of glass with a very thick gasket into a small tight CURVED space. with two sets of directions that totally contradict each other. He has decided to call an auto glass company to come do it. B) My first clue should have been the second day when I came out to the garage and heard words that I knew he knew, but has never used around me! :evil: LOL he did not even ask me again this morning and I did see that he had placed it all by the truck, cleaned and with the pull string in place to try again! LOL Julie, who just wants to drive the stupid thing not work on it!

Comments

• :laugh: Very funny!!!

GG
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    That was funny. I'm setting tile our bedroom today and all I ask from my wife is keep the dogs out and grab a beer every half hour :whistle: Some things are not meant to be done together ;)
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Just think of all the stories you'll have to tell in 20 years!!
  • That's really funny! :laugh:

Hubbie and I will NEVER together install anything that uses electricity, ever, ever again. I tried to tell him he had to cut the power to the ceiling fan at the breaker box, and he tried to tell me that as long as the wall switch was in the "off" position, we were OK. :unsure:

Fireworks in the bedroom, and not the fun kind...
  • Mainegg
    LOL HorsieMom, that is funny! :silly: Did you have the nerve to say "I told you soooooo..." Of course I would not have been able to get the words out, after i got up of the floor from rolling around laughing I would have to head to the bathroom to change my pants! Julie
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    my dad used some dishwashing liquid to get the windshield into his '35 Ford woodie. as we went over Killington (mountain) near rutland, it was raining like mad, and a bubble started near the passenger side that would grow, pop, then grow, pop, etc. Was the funniest damn thing (at the time, i guess, as a kid).

the part which wasn't so funny was that only the driver's side had a wiper, mounted at the top. it was no more than maybe 6 inches long, and worst of all it was vacuum operated. in order for it to go faster, the car had to go faster. we were coming down killington, and my father had no qualms ripping along in the downpour at about 65 (coasting, in neutral), with mechanical brakes and no seat belts. the thing was beautiful to look at, but really no more than a coffin on wheels at that speed,under those conditions.

you could coast all the way to rutland, pretty much, as long as you didn't have someone behind you honking when you slowed to a crawl in the flat spot. hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Mainegg
    LOL Stike, we have used almost a whole bottle of dish soap with this stupid thing and that is going to be the cleanest truck ever when it rolls out of the garage if it rains! The funny thing is he would coat it with soap and hand it to me through the drivers window and say " now don't drop it!" it was like a greased pig! at this point I just wanted to bash him over the head with it! But is going to be a thing of beauty! we have the fenders and body painted and are ready to do the hood and box and rear fenders. He has done a nice job on it and I am very proud of him :blush:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,887
    any pictures to share of the work in progress?

During the uncertainties for banking in the early 80's I found solace in rebuilding our old '73 Datsun Z which ran perfectly, but had been in three fender benders. I bought two new fiberglass front fenders, headlight buckets, rocker panels and rear fender "skins". Even installed a sexy rear spoiler. I had to buy a new front bumper but had the rear one re-chromed. Worked on that every weekend for 3 months and then had it professionally painted. Bought 4 new wheels and new tires and man-o-man was it a thing of beauty! The sense of accomplishment let along the mind-settling effort getting there guided me through that dark time. Just the same our bank was merged out of existence at the stroke of a pen one Friday morning. Upshot is I was a survivor and stayed there another 17 years.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • stike
    we had a red '51 Ford F1 (the Sanford and Son truck) too.

dad still has his '56 Mercury, but all the others are gone. we counted 19 cars at one point. he had a lot of cars when i was a kid. i learned how to swear from being around when he fixed them.

lots of car shows, too. i can still tell a '35 from a '36 from across the median strip of a highway.

those days are a loooong time ago.
  • Randy and I have been married 25 years and have done alot of remodeling the house, yard work, constructing....etc. The only thing we can't do together is adjust a TV antenae....it just doesn't work with one on the roof...and the other in the house looking at the picture....walkie/talkies or anything else...

Good luck in completing the project.

Kim
  • My wife and I damn near got divorced over remodeling the bath room. :S

When I put the deck on the back of the house for three days she kept telling me what I should be doing and I go nowhere. Monday she went to work and when she came home the deck was all framed and I was laying out the deck floor. She stayed in the house after that. :woohoo:
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    LOL. My wife and I will never hang wallpaper together. Its better just doing it alone
  • 33 years married, never I mean NEVER try to teach your spouse to drive a straight shift car. Especially your 66 corvette. NEXT...... NEVER try to teach her golf, that's what golf pros are for.But I LOVE her more than I could ever describe. Much more than the vette or golf.
    Doug
  • Appropriate for this forum, my wife and I NEVER cook together! It's either her kitchen or mine!!!

90% of the time it's her kitchen
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Before we got married......I Loved going to the Sierra Madre on my ATV....she usually......detested it........even though I got her a new one.........So I used to ride ALONE most of the time.....then I gave her the Engagement ring at the Highest point in the Sierra where you could drive an ATV......Put it on the nicest Centenary Oak I could find in the rugged bark......She loved it and then we had a good excuse to ride together, since we went back to the spot many times......Now she rides with me more often than not... :laugh:
    DSC00060.jpg
    DSC00067.jpg
  • stike
    someone emailed me offline and mentioned that it sounded like my father had 19 cars at ONE TIME. just so no one thinks i'm bragging. that was 19 cars he'd owned starting as a kid (early 50s) until about 1972. most were junkers or beaters that he fixed up, and i don't think the total expenditure for all of them was more than a couple thousand dollars in all.... most he ever spent was 600 for a pair of mercurys that he parted together.

lest anyone think i was saying he/we had a fleet of high-end collectable cars....

nope, we were (are!) poor but proud
  • stike
    driving and following directions.

doesn't work AT ALL.

maps are not my wife's strong point. i default to maps over directions, while she is a "drive by intuition" kind of person.

if i'm driving, and i have a map, there's no problem. if she's driving, and even just guessing where to go, we get there. but if she's reading a map or following directions, and i'm driving, then watch out. there's gonna be trouble.

her: i think this is the turn
    me: this is the turn?
    her: it might be, i'm not sure. says to "take a right"
    me: do you want me to take this right?
    her: maybe
    etc. etc. etc.