Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Buxwheat got a table!!

"Sparky"
"Sparky" Posts: 6,024
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well,Fidel and I brainfarted a simple table design for Buxwheat.He is a fellow egger that needed a little help.For less than $100,we built him a great little table.I ran the saw,while Fidel told me how too :lol: And Eggindawg cooked us up some chicken on my XL :woohoo: I had a great time,thanks all for entertaining me :lol: ;)I hope you enjoy your new table buddy :) Here's a few pics,

001-30.jpg

024-5.jpg

020-7.jpg

017-16.jpg

027-3.jpg

029-1.jpg

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Good chicken, good times, good friends, football on TV, and a few beverages consumed. What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon?

Thanks for having us over, sorry to be so difficult ;)

Buxwheat should enjoy his table. I think we built it strong enough to hold 6 or 7 eggs.
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    looks like it was some good times!!
    hey doug can you email me some pics of your egg set up.
    mine is out in the open on a deck as well and i like you small roof idea.
  • "Sparky"
    I think that Buxwheat will be very happy(he better be :evil: ) :laugh: Thanks for bringing the girls over,Carson will be talking about them for a while :lol:
  • "Sparky"
    You got it Mike ;)
  • Fidel
    We should have put a few hundred more screws in that table, you know, just to be safe.

The girls are still talking about Carson. We'll discuss the dowry later.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    cool! kinda like an old fashion barn raising when neighbors got together...who knows maybe this will be the foundation for "Carts for Humanity" and Jimmy Carter will show up!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Nothing better than a bunch of friends getting together to help another. Great post Doug and hope Buxwheat enjoys the new table as much as the new friends he made. Great job by all involved. Gotta ask,,, what's the warranty on the table :silly: :pinch:
  • "Sparky"
    It expired when he left my driveway :whistle::lol: I really hope that he enjoys it :)
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Thats a good time with good friends. Food weren't bad either. :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • "Sparky"
    Yea Tim,food weren't bad,but I just enjoyed the day while the other guys did all the work :whistle:;)
  • Great looking table you got there. I had a guy in my shop build me one this weekend. I can't wait to see it on monday. Tell me about your casters? Did you those from Home Depot? What size are they.
  • Great looking table you got there. I had a guy in my shop build me one this weekend. I can't wait to see it on monday. Tell me about your casters? Did you those from Home Depot? What size are they.
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    That makes for a great day. Good for you. :laugh:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • "Sparky"
    We used 3" swivel casters on all four corners.They came from Lowes,but I bet the depot has them also ;) They mount with four screws,we used 3.5" deck screws :)
  • Fidel
    OK, now you've done it.

I showed the pics to my kids and they are asking for pictures of Carson....

We may end up having a problem on our hands after all.
  • "Sparky"
    :laugh: Damn kids,there're nothin but trouble :lol: Carson won't stop talking about Malory.I think he has a crush on an older woman :lol: :woohoo: :)
  • Sorry not to post until now. Had football issues I had to deal with first. Go DAWGS! (A little too much cardiac exercise, though.) Now, on to the real message: Thank you all for helping me with this much needed, long awaited project. It turned out great and I appreciate everyone taking time out to help a relative stranger. You guys are the greatest!
    The table rode home just fine. Backed it into the driveway, unloaded the table and put the trailer away. Rolled it into the garage, over the threshold into the kitchen, into the den, and out the den door. Doh!, maybe not. OK, turn it on end and walk it around the door jam. Up onto its end and, SNAP, popped one of the casters off. Remember how the screws just filled the mounting holes? All four pulled through. No problem, I'll get the hand truck and move it thru the doorway, angling it. No fit again. Doh! All right, back out through the kitchen and get the wheel back on so I can roll it around. No torx bit! Had to take them out by hand. (Note to self: Buy torx bit for drill) Decided to wait til tomorrow and buy some washers to fit between the screw heads and the caster. After that I can roll it next door and have the neighbors help me carry it up the deck stairs. So it's out in the driveway (chained up...nobody's gonna steal my new table) until Sunday. No cooking tonite on the table, but soon!
    About that warranty, Doug, didn't I buy the extended one? Just kidding. I love the table and had it not been for my eagerness to put it to work that I buggered up the wheel. I'll get it right tomorow, get the Egg installed, and photo document its new resting place.
    Again, thanks for everything and I'll get the trailer back tomorrow.
  • "Sparky"
    Hey buddy,bring the trailer back whenever.Don't go out of your way.Sorry about the casters.If I had washers,I would have installed them :whistle:I hope you enjoy the table ;) If your're coming back tomorrow,I'll let you clean up the mess :lol::)
  • What great guys you are for doing that. Kudos, Doug.
  • "Sparky"
    Thanks Brad,but how can you not help out a fellow egger :huh: Unless he's a total a$$hole or something :woohoo: :lol: We had fun,and Buxwheat got a hundred dollar table.It's almost worth every penny :whistle: It was more fun than work,so I'm happy B)
  • FlaPoolman
    Warranty only covers the ceramic part of the table :whistle::whistle: :evil: Sounds like you all had a great time.
  • "Sparky"
    You know it Pat,I've got powertools,and i'm not afraid to use them :lol:;)
  • Looks like a great table came from an afternoon of good company. I messed around for a month trying to get down on paper exactly what I wanted; finally bought the wood and then changed my mind on what I wanted. Nice to see the plan result in a product.
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • FlaPoolman
    Hey Larry,, just buy the beer we can contribute to the food for your table. I smell "road trip" :woohoo: :woohoo: but how will we tie that in with the great stone work you have. Hope all's well with you and Vickie. You don't want this bunch within 5 miles of your house. :ohmy: :ohmy: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Hey Pat. All is well here and hope with you as well. I went with stone-no issues with scorching like you had. You were lucky on that one young man. Vickie and I are just waiting for Ocala. Our neighbors are going as well as the couple that joined us there last year (from CA).
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Congrats on the new table Buxwheat! I know you'll love it as much as I love mine. Sorry I had to leave early but the fundraiser went off great. Good times today for sure even though the Dawgs games was ugly. I'll take an ugly win any day! :)
    Thanks Doug for my gifts. I can't wait to try La Bomba! Looking forward to seeing Fidel and the gang next weekend.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Looks like fun was had. Sorry I missed it.
  • Guys great looking table and looks like you all had a great time working and eating together, Thats what it's all about. See ya soon.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    hehe..you did that in a day!?!..nice table..with my carpentry skills that woulda taken me a week! :blink: :woohoo:
  • Fidel
    You should have come. The kids had a blast!