Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ping Spring chicken

Options
kolbdriver
kolbdriver Posts: 403
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You hanging on buddy > ??? Looks like it's getting rough down there..

:ermm:

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Looks like it is getting kind of crazy down there. I never paid any attention to where they are down there? Just know TX. Julie
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I just looked up the invitation to the coop party as I remembered that he had his addy in that. Spring TX is right behind Houston so he is going to have a long hard 24 hours. hope all goes well and will keep all of our Texas egger's in our thoughts.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Naaaaaa... It's not so bad (yet). I've been out working on my Coop lighting. Of course there may not even be a Coop after this weekend but what the heck, I need something to do.

Yes, it's starting to get worse but only wind so far. Gusts seem to be up around 35 to 40. Not bad considering they will soon be up near 90 to 100.

I can't help but wonder who is taking care of all these TV Weather people's homes. They seem to go none-stop talking and showing what's going on everywhere else but none have said anything about where they live.

We'll be okay. The alternative is not pretty.

Thanks for thinking of us.

Spring "Dreading Sunday When It's Over And Done With Us" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Yes think he might be far enough inshore to avoid the storm surge but not sure how high and they are facing some serious winds. Been thru a few here but this one is bad. Best wishes to all in the path and to all please take the safe route, we want you back.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Winds can be just as bad Leroy. Batten down and find a good interior room to ride it out. Looking forward to seeing you and Judy again in Ocala and also in Atlanta but not tomorrow. Be safe my friend.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Here's what ugly looks like...

IkeUpdate.jpg

And getting uglier.

Spring "The Nervous Light Is Lit" Chicken
  • JCinNV
    JCinNV Posts: 141
    Options
    LEROY check this web site out. RadioReference .com has alot of police,ems,fire, info on it, good luck and god bless, hope this helps, j.c.
  • Cory430
    Cory430 Posts: 1,073
    Options
    Anybody heard from Frank in Houma? It sounds as though they have taken quite a beating as well. The flooding there seems extremely bad already. I know that he had left for Gustov, but didn't know if he was getting home just in time for this monster. :(
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Spring Chicken, hold on the the Hen, Have the Hen hold onto Rodney, and Rodney onto the coop. Put the monkey in the HT.

Hope all the folks in Ike's path will be ok.

GG