Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Registrations per Cook: 7.078

Options
HungryNephew
HungryNephew Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What has it been in years past? Is this high or low?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    This is the first year we've shown "Beli's Quotient" aka Registrations per Cook aka "BQ".

It was suggested by "Beli", one of our forum users, so I incorporated it into Who's Coming.

It is a rough "rule of thumb", to that if each cook cooks enough to feed approx 7 people, everyone during the course of the day would get the equivalent a full meal. At least that's how I figured it is useful.

Of course some folks eat more than others... so we'll see how useful it is, if at all.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Man don't I wish I was one of the ones cooking... or even coming! LOl but i will be in Ocala :)
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    That figure is a little skewed because couples that are both cooking are counted as just one cook. -RP
  • B & C
    B & C Posts: 217
    Options
    I think it will be even a little more skewed than just couples cooking. If 1 out of 7 cooks (couples would mean 1 out of 14) and they cook a small sample to offer to each of the 6 remaining, then wouldn't each of the 6 would need to have between 6 - maybe 20 samples to be able to equate to a full meal? I would think that a cook would want to cook at least enough to serve 20 people a nice sample at a minimum.

I know that there has been more than enough food. I do like the idea of Beli's Quotient of "Registrations per Cook". It makes it interesting for an old engineering geek like myself.

Anyway this will be my second Octoberfest and I am not signed up to cook so I really shouldn't have a opinion. I do know that there was plenty of food there last year, more than I could eat. I was so stuffed by the end of the day that I went home and took a nap.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    But you have to factor in a few more variables. Some cooks cook a number of different dishes and serve them throughout the day. Others cook one dish and if you're not there when it comes off the Egg, you missed it.

Then there's the beer factor to consider. If it's warm, the beer flows freely and the snacks start to take a back seat to the beer.

Then there's the snacks themselves. Most are absolutely fantastic, but some leave you wanting to chug another beer.

Finally, there's the fatigue factor. A person can only eat so much, especially when it comes in small increments.

As a Cook, I look forward to passing out the hopefully tasty morsels even though I might not get a chance to try them myself. Fortunately, I've got my Sweetie to make sure everything goes smoothly and keep records of how to duplicate it when we get home.

Cooking is just as fun as eating at Eggtoberfest, just more work.

See you in Atlanta.

Spring "Chef Cook-A-Lot" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • HungryNephew
    Options
    I guess the best indicator would be last year's numbers. Even if we did not have it as a stat on the site, someone should be able to find out how many cooks there were. We know there were 1500 people.