Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Putting LBGE in table

Options
safetyman
safetyman Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am putting the final coats of spar urethane on my large table. How best to get the 'egg' into the table? Should I assemble the 'egg' by putting the lower unit into the table first and then put the top on, due to the reduced weight. Thanks to one and all on the great tips on finishing the table, it looks great, pictures will follow, once it is finished.

Comments

• ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Options
    That's just about the only way to do it if working by yourself. In pieces. At least that's the way I did mine after the new granite top was glued on.

Good luck in your venture.

Rick
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    I did the same thing a few months ago, SM. I didn't break the Egg down completely, but I did take out the fire box and fire ring. I picked the Egg up from the inside, gripping the lower vent with my hand. I was able to lift it out of the old table and into the new without too much effort.

I would not try to lift the Egg bear-hugging it from the outside.