Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Limb cowboy

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Pulled my tow rope out of my boat and lassoed 5 large limbs that were stuck in my trees today then cut them up with my brand new chain saw. No power here yet and and sleeping on my carport for a second night. Have three large piles of limbs from live oak and magnolia trees. They will double in size once I finish the back yard.

Fed eveyone staying in the hood tonight - only seven peeps. Our local grocery got delivery of fresh meat yesterday evening. Pretty simple since I had to throw out everything in my fridge and freezer. Country ribs, potatoes, salad, and grilled peaches - sorry no pics - not even interested in trying to do picks with a Blackberry.

Flying back to Houston to pick up my bride, dogs, and truck and return - timing is subject to Ike.

Rant du jour - I'm fed up with peeps calling in to radio stations to complain about ______ (fill in the blank). There are certainly lots of peeps that need help like handicapped and elderly, but there are too many able bodies expecting the government to take care of them. They can take a flying leap and french kiss a camel. Oops - got a little carried away.

Frank "back in Houma and happy as a gekco with a dragonfly"

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Glad to hear that your okay and if not in at least your able to stay at your house. Hope your power is back soon. Also hoping Ike keeps his distance from you.
    Best wishes to you Frank.
  • Ross in Ventura
    Options
    Frank,
    It reads like you are a strong self supporting person keep it up and lead the way!
    Ross
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    You've been busy. But at least you have a carport to sleep under and a good attitude toward it all.

Now the next worry... Ike. Looks like it has decided to pick on Texas instead of Louisiana. If the projections don't change we may be in for a bit 'a trouble here. Maybe we can come sleep in your carport.

I think we know what you mean about the "Peeps." There was a time when we expected the government to take care of, well, the government, while we took care of ourselves. Since WWII, all that has changed. I suppose the change was for the good but all too often it gave license to those who want more than they deserve.

I'm reminded of all those images of healthy adults laying on cots while volunteers served them. Something was terrible wrong with that picture. But what do I know? I just live here.

Let us know if we can do anything to help.

Spring "Keeping A Good Eye On Ike" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Austin Smoker
    Options
    Glad things are starting to get back to normal for you. I know what you mean about the "peeps."

I spent some time on the MS coast within a week or so of Katrina, you know, trying to help out. The people that me and my friends were helping were the most gracious, thankful and upbeat people I have ever been around...especially considering their circumstances. I met all walks of life, doctors to the unemployed, and all were just trying to make do and extremely grateful for ANY assistance.

But it amazed me to see all the complaining on TV and radio, especially considering the most vocal seemed to come from my boyhood hometown of NO, where things were certainly bad...but many of those people in MS had literally lost everything but the foundations to their homes...not flooded, but GONE!

I consider myself blessed to have interacted with folks of your persuasion, instead of having to rely on my "tv experience" for my lasting impressions of those affected.

Which makes me think - how bad is it in Houma? To watch the news reports, I don't get the impression it's all that bad...but then again, after Katrina I relied on the reports of a friend in Ocean Springs to give me the real story. Stay safe, Travel safe!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    glad things are getting back to normal i was thinking with all those limbs you should try to make your own lump... it might give you something to do also :laugh:

hope you get power back soon ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb