Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

FF/BGE recipe contest winners?

Options
WileECoyote
WileECoyote Posts: 516
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I noticed that the Fire & Flavor / BGE recipe contest announcement is now missing from the forum so I checked the FF/BGE sites to see who won. Neither site has anything posted about winners, yet the rules on the FF site state that the winners will be posted on both sites today 9/5. Any idea who won? Hope it will be some people from this forum as we have some really good chefs on here. I continue to learn a lot from all of you and have been eating better and healthier as a result. Egg bliss continues...

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    I got an email survey from them yesterday, you could get some free grilling planks if you were one of the first 1000 to respond. I did enter the contest but did not hear any results.
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    Looks like the winners were finally posted on the FF site today. Congrats to all the winners - hope at least one of them was from this forum!

The winning recipes were a bit too far on the fancy side for me. Seems like the judges prefer the frilly gourmet terms and ingredients: spanish olive tapenade, tarragon remoulade, adobo, boucheron goat cheese, butchers twine, minced horseradish, etc. Heck, most of those things have never been in my kitchen at all and I had to look a few of them up in the dictionary... :S

I might try a simpler version of the chicken taco recipe. It sounds awesome but I will stick with basic ingredients until I acquire the fancy chef skills of a master egger. My cooks right now are more along the lines of: rinse meat, apply rub, cook on egg, remove and eat. :side: