Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm getting a Tiki Bar!!!!

TomCPA
TomCPA Posts: 82
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. As I posted a couple of months back, I was diagnosed with MS, which was made official in early August. Unfortunately, I got really sick in late July and August and I had to take a break because I couldn't function well.

Anyone, I am much better now after a change in medication. But that's not the best part:

I AM GETTING A TIKI BAR for my BGE's!!!!!

It's a long story, but to be brief, we had a contractor who was finishing a construction project that was started a couple of years ago. He walked off the job and stole some money from my wife and I. His brother heard I was ill and offered to finish the job, basically taking the hit for his brother. My wife told him about building a tiki bar for the BGE's and we designed it. So he's going to build it. It's going to have running water, electric (with a fan to keep me cool), a roof, the whole shooting match. I can't wait until it's done.

I am so excited. This is going to be great. I can't wait to show you the pictures.

Tom

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    That sounds like it is going to be a sweet setup. I look forward to the photos.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Good to see you back around here.
  • Ironically I am having an issue with my "contractor" as well.
    Completed last Wed, after 4 months!! when promised 2 weeks LOLOLOL, it was only 9 windows, sliding patio door, and laminate counter tops.
    After so much nonsense of "supplier didnt have it" and so many excuses along the way, he shows up 1st thing yesterday morning for final payment(1/2 up front and other half final).
    Well, he is getting the final payment in 4 monthly payments. My descision was FINAL despite all this he has to eat nonsense. He takes a ludicrious amount of time for a simple project, so now he must pay.Although it doesnt have a completion date on contract, there isnt a final payment date either. He will have to wait and pound his chest all I care. He messed with the wrong dude.
    GO JETS!!!!!!!!!
    ST
  • That is so cool. I have always loved those. I think it's really nice of the brother to do that. Glad you are feeling better!
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    i can't wait to see pictures!!!!

hope you have your meds straightened out so you can use your time to do some eggin

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• That is awesome! I hope you get many years of eggin out of that tiki bar!! Congrats to the brother,who stood up and did the right thing!
    Best of luck!
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Hey Tom, Great news about the Tiki bar. I'm hoping it'll be just what you wanted.

On the other issue, I want you to know that you'll be in our prayers. I know how tough that malady can be. I've got a neighbor I help out, and I was actually diagnosed with MS years ago. Thankfully, I was misdiagnosed, but I keep a fairly close ear for those who have it about new medicines and whatnot. I hope you have enrolled in some of the support groups available; not only is it a bit easier to endure MS and meet some new friends, but it usually serves as a great informational group for new market discoveries. Blessings on you and your family! If you want to contact me offline, feel free and just shoot me an E.

I can't wait to see pics of you cooking in your new Tiki Bar!
  • Cpt'n Cook
    Cpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Glad your feeling better the meds are working and the Tiki bar is on it's way.
    Kudos to the builders brother!
    I have visited quit a few Tiki bars in the Islands.
    RastaBar.jpg
    The guy on the left, my brother, hd had a little too much Sol.
  • Hey dude,
    Great news about the Tiki Bar! Good thing for the brother!

I have MS too, but in my case it's mild and I keep it at bay with Avonex. Can't play any musical instruments anymore because it mostly affects my hands, but otherwise it's not a problem. (Also my handwriting is becoming less legible).

feel free to e-mail me if you want to talk about it or if you have questions.

Bob
  • Todd,

As usual, beautifully said. Tom, My father in law has been fighting the disease for eighteen years and he manages and still loves life. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• good to see you posting,,,, glad you are feeling better,,, congratulations on the tiki bar...
    if you can, please take construction pics... don't make us wait till the end!! B)
    i hope it turns out to be all you hoped for and more and a comfortable place for you to relax while eggin
    bill
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Hey Tom,
    Yes, that will be great to have a tiki to relax unda!
    I'm glad the good bro stepped up to the plate.
    I'm with Big'un. I have two sisters that have ms. Where do you live? I'm in Colo. Spgs. and I do know that this longitude and latitude ahve the highest # of cases. I know many that have been diagnosed. Get involved with local support groups.
    In my thoughts and prayers.
    Egg on man! Pics required!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Tom,
    I hope that your MS goes into remission and that any flairs are mild.
    I can't wait to see your Tiki Bar. I hosted my ______ th high school classs reunion last year. One on my classmate's husband, Leonard, built an awesome Tiki Bar. It was the hit of the party.

eenie meenie