Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Time to stock up on lump

Options
TomM24
TomM24 Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I went to walmart yesterday all the lump and half a wall of briquets were gone. I guess summer is over. :(
But the gassers were on sale

Comments

• momcooks
    Options
    I've been stockpiling everywhere I go. Our Walmart hasn't had lump for a couple months.
    Smiths will carry their Kroger brand all winter tho. I haven't tried it, but it will be better than none.
  • aaind
    aaind Posts: 235
    Options
    Ya was a post this summer about Wally not going to carry it anymore ,I bought 15 bags got 9 left
    Dave
  • Stanley
    Stanley Posts: 623
    Options
    I'm told the Kroger lump is made by Royal Oak, so you might not have to suffer much. Haven't tried it yet because I can't find it here.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I have a nice tall skid stacked full and high and tarped to get me though the winter :):whistle:
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Saw a thread the other day about the RO being on sale for $3.00 at a Wal-Mart in TX….Checked here in town and its still $5.27. Still not a bad price, but if it does go on a sale I will most defiantly stock up.
    And maybe I should stock up anyway! This being my first season as an Egger….I’m hoping that I will be able to get Lump all winter, but that is yet to be seen.
    At this point: I can get BGE and Cowboy at the Ace Hardware (where I bought my Egg), Cowboy at Home Depot and Royal Oak at Wal-Mart.
  • Buxwheat
    Options
    Until this summer, I had only used BGE lump, so I haven't paid attention to how WalMart and other stores keep their inventory. I was shocked when I went to Wallyworld yesterday: the patio section at two stores was almost empty. The supply of lump inside the store was almost depleted: a couple of bags of Kingsford lump and no RO at the Cumming store, 4 bags of RO and a few Kingsford at the Windward store. Needless to say, I stocked up. They had plenty of briquettes of all brands, however. Just the lump supply was minimal. I guess they think the regular grilling crowd will continue to cook outside, but us lump users go into hibernation? When my supply runs out, at least I'm in the Atlanta area and can usually find BGE w/o problem. I'm interested in trying this Kingsford stuff. On sale, too, if you call $0.47 off regular price 'On Sale'.
  • bitslammer
    Options
    Still plenty of RO at my local Wally Worlds. Still $5.27/10# bag too but what the heck. I grabbed 6 bags for now.

Oddly being in the hometown of Kroger I can't seem to find their brand anywhere. I guess I'll have to try the larger Kroger stores as the ones near the office are the small versions.