Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Help! What to cook for holiday dinner

Options
BobbyG
BobbyG Posts: 67
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Ok Gang, I know I'm a little early but the wife wants to do a trial run for our Christmas dinner with friends. It's our year to host dinner and I have mandated that the main course will come off of our Egg. No complaints from the wife...She just wants me to perfect the meal.[p]I'd like to cook something "fancy" and I was thinking a Rib roast or something....I'd really like to hear your opinions on what to cook.
Thanks, BobbyG

Comments

• Tom Harmon
    Options
    BobbyG,[p]Roasts can be very good, either encased in salt or regular slow roast. Lots of posts on both methods and the results are delicious.[p]A brined turkey can also be a religious experience so you may want to try that also. Brine recipe of your choice and I have cooked at 23# bird in < 3 hrs after brined.

• DrEgg
    DrEgg Posts: 38
    Options
    BobbyG,[p]We did a stuffed boneless rib roast last week for guests. Made several holes lengthwise and inserted carrot sticks, chorizo, and cheese. Rubbed with Cow Lick. Can't remember if we used chips or not. [p]Came out great and was a real crowd-pleaser! Very "fancy" presentation when we carved it. Zero leftovers.[p]DrEgg

• Vegas Slim
    Options
    tlhrtp,
    last year we cooked a brined turkey following the advise of the gurus on this board not only was the cook fast but it was by far the best turkey any of us hvae ever had try one on thanksgiving and see for yourself