Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini found the leak

Options
aaind
aaind Posts: 235
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did all but look at the felt ,I $ bill tested this thing so many times
100_0361.jpg
Hey thanks for all the help
Dave

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Dave,

My lower gasket on the mini has the same size gap. I was going to post something, then thought otherwise.

I need to look at the top gasket. Your top gasket gap is pretty big. Let me know what/if you decide to so something about that.

Looks like they were short of gasket material and making up for it. I wonder if the gasket was streached when applying then srunk?

Chubby sent some some gasket material and I still have a small amount left, it is the light gray, thin gasket felt material. Your gasket material looks thicker and dark gray felt. When I get the parts for my medium I should have some of the thicker left over after I put on the new gasket.

If you decide to fix the gap yourself and need some felt let me know.

Kent
  • Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    I had the same issue with my Mini on the bottom gasket, top is fine. I got a small piece from my dealer and patched it, has been working great since.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    I have put patches in a couple of the gaskets and there doesn't seem to be any problems at all in those areas.

When do you folks land in AZ for the winter and what part of AZ do you stay?

GG