Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I finally did it!!!!!!!!

Options
safetyman
safetyman Posts: 80
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I finally bought a BGE, after 2 years of contemplating and justifying the cost and 6 months of reading this forum, every day. I got the large with the long table,ash tool, pizza stone, plate setter and vented cover. I got it for $1,112.00, which I thought was a good deal. The other dealer wanted $1,500.00 for the exact same items. I will be picking it up next week, due to the table not being in stock. I already ordered my Thermopen from 'Molly'. Next will be the DigiQ II and some adjustable racks. Thanks to all for the information and feed back when I asked questions, I am sure there will be many more questions in the future.

Comments

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Well! talk about in with both feet! :evil: LOL Welcome, as you know from reading this forum this is the most important tool! I would say it is the cheapest part, being free, but you get so many ideas for things to cook and things you NEED that it is the root of all, no not evil, LOL the root of all egging! is there a digital camera on the list or do you already have one? that is important too as we like LOTS of pictures!! happy egging and look forward to your posts! Julie
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Good buy. Don't get all the toys yourself. Save room for others to take care of birthdays, annivs. dads day Christmas etc. There is a slew of things you'll get as fam. friends eat the good eats off your egg. Cook well. Miles out.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Don't forget the Dizzy Pig, and pizza screens for roasted vegis and crashed potatoes, and at least 15 bags of lump stored for winter if you are in an area that thinks grilling ends at labor day like they do here in Maine! I have about 5 days and it should be snowing! :whistle: :side: :lol:
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Pictures. We like pictures. You got a good deal for sure.
    E
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Sounds like your life has taken a turn for the better :cheer: , congratulations
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    Please don't say that Julie!! We're (my buddy and I) leaving for eastern Maine smallmouth bass fishing next Monday. I do not want to hear the "s" word just yet.
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    My 2¢ worth: Learn to control the Egg temperatures before getting into a DigiQ. You'll be doing yourself a big favor. It's not hard and it's worth the investment of a little lump and some time, believe me.

Welcome to the Cult.

And just to stop the rumor going 'round, Chubby was not a stuntman in that stag movie like Egret claims.
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Congrats Safety Man! Welcome to your new hobby.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Congrats, and welcome to the EggNation!
  • safetyman
    Options
    Mostly what I wanted out of the DigiQ, was to moniter my meat temp. without opening the lid. Instead of buying just a remote temp. probe, I figured I would get the good unit right away.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Sundown wrote:
    Please don't say that Julie!! We're (my buddy and I) leaving for eastern Maine smallmouth bass fishing next Monday. I do not want to hear the "s" word just yet.

Hey what can I say it's Maine! this is why I am headed for FL the end of dec!
    TOMUCHSNOW.jpg