Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'll never doubt egghead wisdom again

Options
Jazzman
Jazzman Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK - relative newbie here (egg for 3-4 weeks, about 12 cooks). I saw some threads about fattys, and to be honest I thought "OK - I've had pork sausage before - what's the big deal?" I felt compelled to try one anyway - any excuse to use the egg. Even as I was making it (I stayed pretty basic - stuffed with some caramelized onions and cheddar cheese, liberal sprinkling of Dizzy Dust), I was thinking it would taste good, but perhaps not worth the bother. I even had a bit of trouble rolling it up (see previous post today). I was going to take pictures, but decided not to - figuring my first fatty was doomed to be a failure.

Well, after 3 hours at 250 and foiling for about 45 minutes, it came out fine, put it on a biscuit and - - WOW - -after one bite I was thinking of which friends I would invite over to impress with my newly-acquired fatty making abilities. You guys rock. That thing is way better than it should be. Smokey, a bit spicy, great texture - superb! I anxiously await trying more recipes I get from this forum, and will never doubt egghead wisdom again.

Comments