Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest photo - of people

Tim M
Tim M Posts: 2,410
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
timm4.jpg
<p />My favorite shots of Eggfestivals have always been to put a face with a forum name. I see lots of nice pictures of food, but I miss seeing the people who prepared these treats. Anybody have photos with humans and their respective names? Before my 1st 1999 Eggtoberfest I spent hours studing the few available photos of JJ, Earl, Brant, Mr Toad, KennyG, Cat, and a very few others I can't recall at this early hour that attended the 1998 event( and there were darn few). When I arrived in Atlanta I saw Cat in the lobby and knew here instantly. At the Maryland Eggfests I knew folks as they wandered around the parking lot from photos posted on the forum and many knew me (the arrival of Cornfed is a classic story). I have several dozen photos of Egg'ers from the 4 events I've attended and I love looking through them to see how many I remember. I would love to see some of the forum members who post regularly, as well as what they cooked, in pictures. Maybe it's just me...........[p]Here's me at Eggfest2000 (picture by Smokey)
Tim

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Tim M,
    actually YB got a few shots of folks with names but I agree we could use more. You've been good about doing that with your shots. The other day I was trying to think of a last name for someone associated with Big Green Egg. I went to Metacrawler and typed in "Bob Big Green Egg" and lo and behold, it directs me to some pictures you made of the 1999 Eggtoberfest which were nicely captioned. Thanks.

• Tim M
    Wise One,[p]Wow - that is interesting. I was not aware any of my pictures were still available on the internet. I am not sure why I pulled them all off, I think it was when - well, about a year ago when I was the target of so many for working on another site - but I thought they were all off. I'll go try that search engine. I don't have one of you and I sure would like to see one. [p]Tim
  • Wise One
    Tim M, here is one. In case it doesn't link correctly it is photo 21.

[ul][li]YB's Pictures[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Wise One,[p]Those are all nice pictures with people, but not are mine from 1999. Thanks to YB for the good shots[p]Tim
  • Wise One
    Tim M, you're right. I got thrown off by the "Tim M Photos" right above the pictures. Not sure who shot these.

[ul][li]EGGtoberfest 99 Pictures[/ul]
  • Tim M
    Wise One,[p]Those were from Bill Miller.[p]Tim
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Wise One,
    Alyce Deal(Mrs.Toad)Bill Miller and Ed Fisher took those pictures.
    Larry

• Tim M
    Wise One,[p]Sorry, I stand corrected. When YB posted that others took them I went back and looked at all of them. I do see 4-6 of my pictures in there too. I seem to recall Bill having some fun adding music and captions on many pictures people posted on the internet - some were taken by me. Bill added all the captions and music though. I had not gone back to look at those for some time. Thnanks for making me - Eggtoberfest was fun and knowing 80-90% of everyone in the pictures is nice, not possible these days with 400-500 people showing up.[p]Tim
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Tim M,
    You are right...You took a couple of pictures of Kaye,Jenny and myself.
    Larry

• Wise One
    Tim M, Bill's editing was great. I just went back and found the music as well. Grillin' Bill's shot is wonderful. Some great shots of you in there as well. You're right though. Having those captions does really help. I wonder though, how did he know whose elbow and whose left shoulder and the top of whose head appeared in some of those shots?

• Tim M
    Wise One,[p]I bet I could name a couple arms and shoulders in some of them still today. I had such a good time meeting everyone I had "talked" to on the forum for a year prior to going in 1999 that it really stuck with me. I had a pad I carried with me and every picture I took I numbered and wrote the names of who was in them. It was a carryover from the days when I was a photographer for the local newspaper I worked for back in Illinois - I could then go through the 50-60 pictures I came home with and sort them all out and add names to them. I missed a lot of food doing all that writing but I felt the need to document it because I was/did post 75% of them - I don't think one person could watch 36+ Eggs these days though.[p]Tim